Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Big 4 Interviews- which one will you go for?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 39 playingpirate

Can i just ask if you've heard back from EY yet?
    I interviewed with them in their waterford office on the 10th and havent heard anything either way yet.
    The not knowing is starting to drive me mad!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 62 ✭✭clearya

I interviewed with them in their waterford office on the 10th and havent heard anything either way yet.
    The not knowing is starting to drive me mad!

I had my interview on the 12th and am in the same boat, someone also pm'd me asking if I'd heard back! I did my interview in Dublin and was told I should hear back around the 28th....it's hard waiting, but at the same time, if it was pwc or someone else you'd know you hadn't gotten it after around 3 days! I guess we'll just have to keep our fingers crossed.

I was told i'd hear back in a week or so,but nothing yet!
    One of my friends did an interview in dublin at the end of last week and got a letter to her home address to tell her she didnt have the job this monday.
    So i suppose no news is good news for the moment!

Hope you get good news from them (and soon!)!

I was told i'd hear back in a week or so,but nothing yet!
    One of my friends did an interview in dublin at the end of last week and got a letter to her home address to tell her she didnt have the job this monday.
    So i suppose no news is good news for the moment!

Hope you get good news from them (and soon!)!

Wow that was a fast response, hope your friend is ok...When I didn't get pwc I had to wait for 2 WEEKS and then they sent me an email! I knew my interview was horrible, I just wish they had confirmed my suspicions sooner..I wasn't home last weekend so if there's a letter there I'll see it tomorrow. I'll keep everyone updated on my fascinating job hunt. lol

• Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭kodmuffin

clearya wrote: »
    Wow that was a fast response, hope your friend is ok...When I didn't get pwc I had to wait for 2 WEEKS and then they sent me an email! I knew my interview was horrible, I just wish they had confirmed my suspicions sooner..I wasn't home last weekend so if there's a letter there I'll see it tomorrow. I'll keep everyone updated on my fascinating job hunt. lol

Just to add my bit....

I applied to the top 7 places,strangely enough didnt get interviews with the "bottom 4" and did with the "top 3".........in one place i got offered the job in the interview,and in another i got offered it 9 days later......so basically what im saying is each place is different,and each interviewer is too, so dont get too worried if you havent heard back in 2 or 3 days!!!

hope that helps some people!

• Advertisement

kodmuffin wrote: »
    Just to add my bit....

I applied to the top 7 places,strangely enough didnt get interviews with the "bottom 4" and did with the "top 3".........in one place i got offered the job in the interview,and in another i got offered it 9 days later......so basically what im saying is each place is different,and each interviewer is too, so dont get too worried if you havent heard back in 2 or 3 days!!!

hope that helps some people!

So who are you going for :D This job hunting a major pain, I just hope in the end I'm working somewhere where I don't dread heading to work in the morning cos that's what it's all about for me!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 110 ✭✭Alyosha

I interviewd with them in Dublin last Friday and got an offer today. Know some people who got one within a couple of days though, and others who haven't heard either way after nearly a fortnight.

All my interviews/offers over and done with now. Going to accept either PWC or KPMG I think. And then forget about em til October 2010!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,734 ✭✭✭Newaglish

Can I just ask why avoid EY? one of the things drawing me to them is the fact that they introduced a brand new training program this year and it won them an award...I know that after my contract is up I could apply to one of the others, but is EY really that bad!

KPMG was awarded #1 company in Ireland for training or learning or somesuch by the Irish Times if that's what you're into.

I don't think those awards are overly important though really.

What training course did EY implement? What award did it win?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 95 ✭✭FockRoysh

Ah they've all won awards of some sort... Gut feeling is whats gona decide it for me anyway at this stage

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

FockRoysh wrote: »
    Ah they've all won awards of some sort... Gut feeling is whats gona decide it for me anyway at this stage

Bang on. Don't be swayed too much by new buildings or awards. All the big 4 can point to something like that. Go with the company where you get the best vibe.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 310 ✭✭maxi-twist

Between deloitte and KPMG for me atm, cant really decide between them so just sweeping over the contracts, its 22 days of leave for KPMG and 21 for deloitte!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19 bananatree

Hey,

Just wondering has anyone still not heard anything from Deloitte? Had my interview there thursday last week and still haven't heard either way. Kinda disappointed as thought I had done a good interview. Can I take it I won't be getting an offer from them? Anyone else in the same boat? Thanks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 bibi9000

Really enjoyed EY interview process. It was relaxed and with some really nice staff members to talk too. Not as big as the others in Ireland but not a factory line of trainees coming out either. Want to travel to states afterwards too which rules out KPMG apparently. Interviewed by really sound manager and director, both really young and laid back. Much better than PWC or KPMG. Liked Deloitte but have heard EY have much better audit training than them.

bibi9000 wrote: »
    Want to travel to states afterwards too which rules out KPMG apparently.

Expand on that please?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 bibi9000

Expand on that please?

KPMG have the lowest global revenues and i've heard thats mainly to do with their lacklustre performance in the states, and a corresponding bad reputation. the other big four are much bigger in the states. i know in ireland its larger than deloitte and ey but i honestly think choosing pwc or kpmg solely on their performance (namely size/scale) in the irish market is a lot like a big fish in a very very small pond. i'm most interested in what indigenous clients the big four have

I had my interview on the 12th and am in the same boat, someone also pm'd me asking if I'd heard back! I did my interview in Dublin and was told I should hear back around the 28th....it's hard waiting, but at the same time, if it was pwc or someone else you'd know you hadn't gotten it after around 3 days! I guess we'll just have to keep our fingers crossed.

Got my contract in the post today!!!
    Starting in their waterford office next year,cant wait!!!
    This has made my UL Christmas Daze soooo much more enjoyable!

Hope you got good news aswell!

Congrats! :D I didn't receive anything when I was home on Friday but decided to take that as a good sign! Just told my sis at home to keep an eye on the mail....may as well find out sooner rather than later! So what terms are u starting on? If you don't mind me asking. :)

bibi9000 wrote: »
    Really enjoyed EY interview process. It was relaxed and with some really nice staff members to talk too. Not as big as the others in Ireland but not a factory line of trainees coming out either. Want to travel to states afterwards too which rules out KPMG apparently. Interviewed by really sound manager and director, both really young and laid back. Much better than PWC or KPMG. Liked Deloitte but have heard EY have much better audit training than them.

I really enjoyed my interview too, really different from my PWC one. It was much more friendly and a lot more questions about me, not one economic question in sight! Waiting to hear back now on whether I'm being offered a job, fingers crossed :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,798 ✭✭✭Mr. Incognito

Can someone tell me what's wrong with EY?

Globally they are no 2 and they just merged all their practices this year and are the first of the big 4 to do this, i.e they are integrated now and it is much easier to transfer from country to country.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28 underflowers

Has anyone not heard back from Deloitte yet? Had my interview a few weeks ago but haven't heard anything at all yet...had a missed call from a strange number today and got a bit paranoid it could be them!! Even if it's a rejection I'd just like to know:)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13 johny89

companys dont ring with rejections, i should know iv received enough e mail down the years lol

• Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭wheatser

Like a few people, I havent heard anything back from Deloitte. Just wondering does anybody know whats the story with that as its quite annoying waiting.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,240 ✭✭✭tywy

last year I heard back on the day of my interview... probably depends on the dept though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28 underflowers

The Deloitte interviewers told me they were changing the process this year and that they had to get their selections approved by their superiors or something so it might be a while before we hear, these were the limerick interviews for tax in dublin....not hopeful at this late stage but i'd at least expect the ole 'thanks but no thanks' email by now!

• Registered Users Posts: 73 ✭✭SIBHCHEVIE

I wouldn't be hanging around waiting to be honest, keep looking for other jobs now and if they call you back offering a job happy days if not then at least your working away on your back up plan.

Here's a link that shows other practices taking on trainees,
    http://www.icai.ie/en/Students/Training-Firms/Training-in-Practice/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 310 ✭✭maxi-twist

A lot of HR people have told me that if you dont hear back by the 28th you havent got it...

I've heard back from Deloitte for Tax, interviewed on a Fri, job offer on the Monday..

I think that the official deadline is tomorrow...

So good luck to anyone who's still waiting, but I wouldn't be supremely confident.

I got a call from E&Y today.....they offered me a contract! whoo! :D Should get my contract in a few days! o happy days :D

Deloitte rang me about 4 days after my interview... I think the general rule of thumb is, if they really want you, you should hear back in the few days after your interview.

The contracts look pretty similar to me, except KPMG have an extra day holidays...

the cheek of PWC not to mention any salary figure in the contract.....!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17 ur2008

Deloitte rang me about 4 days after my interview... I think the general rule of thumb is, if they really want you, you should hear back in the few days after your interview.

The contracts look pretty similar to me, except KPMG have an extra day holidays...

the cheek of PWC not to mention any salary figure in the contract.....!

i got offer from assurance line, there is a salary figure in my contract which is 24k, im not too sure is that for all service line.

Advertisement