Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Big 4: which one do you want to get?

Options
  • 12-11-2008 11:15pm
    Registered Users Posts: 31

Big 4 Interviews- which one will you go for?
    So was the Milk Round what people though it would be? Going into the process, I thought all 4 firms would be the same but there were big differences or maybe my opinion was based on the people I met throughout the process;

KPMG: Very long interview process. Got the feeling they were the stiff upper lip types. Wasn't impressed by presentation.

PWC: Very formal and I felt the dinner was a bit stuffy. Nice enough people but felt the place was nearly too big and you are just a number. The two people interviewing me seemed to have only met each other for the first time that day and when I mentioned some of their staff whom I had opportunity to meet, they didn't know them

Deloitte: Surpirsed me in that they were larger than I thought but they were also genuinely nice people (both the staff and partner and manager I met). At present, my top choice.

E&Y: They didn't seem to care. Honestly. It felt like they were doing me a favour by giving me an interview.

Any thoughts?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 330 ✭✭*Hank Scorpio*

Hmm recent recruitment night was it or something? Or you apllied for all 4's grad programs and got interviews with all of them?

I went to a good few grad fairs the last few years and KMPG were the worst I found tbh. The people representing them seemed totally uninterested and unfriendly, just poorly turnedout, guys with hands in their pockets. I'm no prude or anything but :|

I didn't feel they were particurly intelligent either when speaking with them. The 2 guys were like dumb jocks or something.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,885 ✭✭✭Stabshauptmann

Id point you towards the accountancy board, but you've already found it. In fact, this is an exact copy of your thread there

• Registered Users Posts: 12,169 ✭✭✭✭Sangre

In this climate you should be praying for anything.

Advertisement