Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ringtones

• 12-11-2008 11:28pm
    Registered Users Posts: 10,264 ✭✭✭✭

Just a quick question, I thought O2 used to have a list of ringtones available on thier website to download? I might be going mad but I can't find them! Have they stopped doing them? I even went through the site map.

Failing that, anyone know any reliable websites to download some ringtones? And not ones that require a subscription or anything.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 361 ✭✭miceal

Alicat wrote: »
    Just a quick question, I thought O2 used to have a list of ringtones available on thier website to download? I might be going mad but I can't find them! Have they stopped doing them? I even went through the site map.

Failing that, anyone know any reliable websites to download some ringtones? And not ones that require a subscription or anything.

Why not just connect your phone to the computer via (Bluetooth/Cable) then just copy music from your computer over to the handset.

Works out cheaper :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,917 ✭✭✭towel401

yeaaa.. spending money on ringtones is so 2001.. or 1999

• Registered Users Posts: 10,264 ✭✭✭✭Alicat

miceal wrote: »
    Why not just connect your phone to the computer via (Bluetooth/Cable) then just copy music from your computer over to the handset.

Works out cheaper :D

I did that, but I've found that the ringtone only plays the start of the song, which in some cases can be quiet and slow to start. If I could edit the files to extract only the chorus section of the song I'd happily do it but I don't think it's possible? Well for me anyway.

I don't really want to spend money on ringtones :( Makes me feel like I'm 14 again! I just want a ringtone that doesn't make me want to throw my phone at a wall! :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,917 ✭✭✭towel401

Alicat wrote: »
    I did that, but I've found that the ringtone only plays the start of the song, which in some cases can be quiet and slow to start. If I could edit the files to extract only the chorus section of the song I'd happily do it but I don't think it's possible? Well for me anyway.

I don't really want to spend money on ringtones :( Makes me feel like I'm 14 again! I just want a ringtone that doesn't make me want to throw my phone at a wall! :p

download a program called 'audacity'. it lets ya do exactly that. quite easy too

• Registered Users Posts: 10,264 ✭✭✭✭Alicat

towel401 wrote: »
    download a program called 'audacity'. it lets ya do exactly that. quite easy too

Cool, thanks. I'll have a go at it and see what I can manage :)

• Advertisement
Advertisement