Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dundalk Taxis

Options
2»

Comments

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,433 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr Magnolia

You knowingly got into an illegally parked taxi (twice!) and were surprised when you get charged illegally (twice!).

I've had bad experiences with a variety of taxi drivers, I don't catagorize the experience though.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,257 ✭✭✭BettePorter

You knowingly got into an illegally parked taxi (twice!) and were surprised when you get charged illegally (twice!).

over the years i've got into countless taxis outside clubs etc and it never and would never cost me a thought at 2 in the morning...........but i've never been grossly overcharged simply as a follow on that they were parked 'illegally' so they would as a rule bump the price up.

Do you suggest that had i got these guys 'legally' at the rank, they would have charged me appropriately ?

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,433 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr Magnolia

I couldn't say; and it would be may be no guarantee. I've had one driver try and charge me waaay over the odds before (not from the rank), I told him he wasn't getting it and to bring me to the barracks where the Garda could sort it out.

The Garda didn't have a clue, the driver didn't get a bean. More people need to bring the dispute through the proper channels.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,143 ✭✭✭locum-motion

I just posted the following on another thread, replying to a poster complaining about a E60 fare from Ballymac to Carlingford.
    I thought it's relevant here too.
    Distance = 21km.

From Taxi Regulator's website:
    (Premium Rate; 8pm - 8am, and Sundays/PHs.)
    First 1km = 4.35
    Next 14 km = 14 @ 1.35 = 18.90 (= 23.35 so far)
    Next 6 km = 6 @ 1.57 = 9.42 (32.77 total)
    Plus E1 for each additional passenger.

Taxis are allowed charge LESS than this rate, but are NOT allowed charge more.

So, unless there was 28 of you in the taxi (which I doubt), you were royally screwed!

Moral of the story, alway get them to use the meter!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,526 ✭✭✭James__10

Have Classic Cabs got a office in town?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,996 ✭✭✭10green bottles

Not a public office,and 7's office wont be open until 10pm i believe but 7's do have a free text number if you are on Vodafone.

Advertisement