Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Streaming Videos

Options
  • 12-11-2008 11:45pm

This is something that came up on tweet. Is the discussion of streaming video sites allowed? I mean technically we're allowed to discuss youtube videos of copyrighted material, because it's youtube's duty to delete it. Does the same apply with other sites?

Not sure if this is suited here or somewhere else. Maybe Help Desk. Or even the Legal forum. This seemed the suitable place though.
    Post edited by Shield on

Comments

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 35,943 Mod ✭✭✭✭dr.bollocko

That is a good question.
    I have been helped in finding a link by many decent PMing boardsies. Many of the sites themselves get around certain issues with the law by linking to other sites that host them and not hosting them themselves.
    I would like to see it but wouldnt want to even approach the potential legal wrangles.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,499 ✭✭✭Sabre0001

Sports games are often linked too. I was wondering about this a while back but Help Desk post didn't get a response :(

🤪

Advertisement