Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gears Of War 2

Options
  • 12-11-2008 11:48pm
    Registered Users Posts: 27

has anybody played G.O.W 2 yet. me and my girlfriend were so addicted to the first one, those long cosy nights snuggled up blowing aliens' heads apart hehe. i really can't wait to get the second one!!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,396 ✭✭✭✭kaimera

ehh..search perhaps?
    xbox forum has a thread on it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,012 ✭✭✭✭thebman

Check metacritic and other review sites. Couple of people on exiledgamers.com have it but you'd have to catch them in the shoutbox or something to actually ask them.

Seemingly everyone loves the hoard mode which is co-op endless hoards coming at you in waves.

I imagine that would be fun to play together so I'd go for it if I was you.

• Registered Users Posts: 27 maxgrdn

brim4brim wrote: »
    Check metacritic and other review sites. Couple of people on exiledgamers.com have it but you'd have to catch them in the shoutbox or something to actually ask them.

Seemingly everyone loves the hoard mode which is co-op endless hoards coming at you in waves.

I imagine that would be fun to play together so I'd go for it if I was you.

sounds great thanks :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 546 ✭✭✭AFC_1903

I just completed it about half an hour ago!

Fantastic game. Never played the first one but will be picking it up sometime soon.

Great storyline, graphics, sound (effects and music) and gore!

Thouroughly enjoyed it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,012 ✭✭✭✭thebman

I'm a bit into it. The graphics are slightly cleaned up from the first, the story line is forced and badly told so far, the sound effects are good but the game play is the exact same as the first with nothing new added except a few weapons that do exactly what the other weapons in the game do, namely kill things.

Don't get me wrong its fun but I played through Mirrors Edge 3 times this weekend on each difficulty level because it was just refreshing to have something to do other than kill in a First Person perspective game.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,283 ✭✭✭Ross_Mahon

The story mode is much more action packed, i suggest playing it on Insane with a friend, The horde mode is a good laugh and it tests your survival against hundreds of locust, try getting to wave 50 on insane with four other mates! :D

The online was supposed to be fixed from the last one, they have changed a lot of things, Mostly for the good in my opinion. There are only two problems with online, there is a lot of lag and the search system for games takes ages. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 11,504 ✭✭✭✭DirkVoodoo

To anyone looking to pick this up in Dundrum: It's €60 in Zaavi and €45 down the stairs in Game.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,111 ✭✭✭MooseJam

up the stairs in game ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 11,504 ✭✭✭✭DirkVoodoo

Pants, I've sent them all to House of Fraser!

Advertisement