Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

mp3 to car stereo cable?

• 13-11-2008 12:22am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,813 ✭✭✭

Hello,

I am looking for a cable that can connect my mp3 player to my car stereo, you know one that goes into the headphone socket of the mp3 and into the stereo on the other end. I have seen these around before a couple of years ago, and from what I understand they are quite cheap.

Anyone know of any shops/websites that I could check out?

Much appreciated!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,716 ✭✭✭brightkane

has the car stereo an aux in on the front of it?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,813 ✭✭✭Dr.Winston O'Boogie

Not too sure, I only just bought it (2nd hand) and it is in for a service so I can't check!

If it doesnt have an aux in does that mean you need to use one of those fm transmitter ones?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,716 ✭✭✭brightkane

i know that you can get an add on for some factory units to give you aux in, it makes the stereo think that u connected a cd changed and u use the connection as an aux in, i did this on my audo a4.

as for an aftermarket or add on stereo i guess it all depends on the stereo if it allows an add on aux in, hard wired.

i guess u could try the fm transmitter also though if u cant get the wire.

i recently bought one from ebay for about a tenner, its far from perfect, but it does the job for me, i aint to picky about sound quality, just as long as it plays the song good enough for em to hear it i am happy,

anyhow, hope that helps

• Registered Users Posts: 1,813 ✭✭✭Dr.Winston O'Boogie

Yeah cheers for the help!

Ideally I would like the cable because the fm transmitters I have found to be a bit dodgy, but thanks anyway.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 545 ✭✭✭BenjAii

I got a thing in Powercity for about a tenner that works grand. It's a mini-radio transmitter (only size of key ring) that plugs into where headphones go in the mp3 player, u set the frequency & then tune in your car radio & voila music.....

I also use it when watching films on my laptop, plays the sound from the house stereo speakers.

• Advertisement
Advertisement