Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Kinoma freeplay- best multimedia app i've ever used

• 13-11-2008 12:26am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,010 ✭✭✭

Anyone have this app.
    I'm using it on my WM device and it's stunning.

Basically it's a multimedia app that integrates Youtube (video), Orb (tv), Flickr (photos), Shoutcast (radio), Audible (audiobooks) as well as your device's own music and video files in one beautiful iphone-rivalling interface.
    It really is a joy to use.
    Don't mean to rave about it but it's simply one of the best, if not THE best app i've ever installed.
    And it seems to be free as well.
    Anyone else using it.
    If not, i'd highly recommend it.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,509 ✭✭✭strecker

Wow,
    Sounds good!
    Will try it asap :)
    Thanks for the heads up ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,016 ✭✭✭metalfest

What's orb like?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,010 ✭✭✭mkennedy

metalfest wrote: »
    What's orb like?

Haven't tried orb tbh because i haven't gone to the trouble of setting up my tv tuner with an always-on broadband connection (both of which you need for orb IIRC) but all the other things work nicely-
    Youtube and Shoutcast especially and the music/video player is decent.
    One thing i just noticed however is it seems you have to buy the commercial version to play certain video codecs.
    Which admittedly is crap.
    It plays flv's fine though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,010 ✭✭✭mkennedy

metalfest wrote: »
    What's orb like?

FWIW, just to add- just read an xda-developers thread about using orb on this, and a lot of posters over there seem to be very happy with how orb works on it.
    Have yet to hear anyone say a bad word about the app in general though.
    Most people rave about it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,509 ✭✭✭strecker

mkennedy wrote: »
    Haven't tried orb tbh because i haven't gone to the trouble of setting up my tv tuner with an always-on broadband connection (both of which you need for orb IIRC) but all the other things work nicely-
    Youtube and Shoutcast especially and the music/video player is decent.
    One thing i just noticed however is it seems you have to buy the commercial version to play certain video codecs.
    Which admittedly is crap.
    It plays flv's fine though.

Well, you can't have it all ;) maybe once it's more successful they'll throw in the codecs. Not the end of the world imho.

• Advertisement
Advertisement