Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Purveyor of Cream Doughnuts ?!

• 13-11-2008 12:34am
    Registered Users Posts: 320 ✭✭

OK, so I like those cream donut thingies - you know the ones that look like a hot-dog, but have cream and jam down the middle. I especially like them with tea after a long journey in the car... which brings me to my dilemma..

I drive home to Erris on a Friday afternoon aaaalll the way from Dublin, and I'd like a cream doughnut, except by the time I get home, they're all sold out in the local places.

So can anyone recommend somewhere I can get one along the way on a quick stop (ie:not trekking into Ballina)... anywhere in Ballaghderreen (yes tis Mayo!), Foxford, Crossmolina... so I can cherish that loving feeling in my belly when I get home.

Come on people....pllleeease??? ... THINK OF THE CHILDREN!!

:p

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,158 ✭✭✭donmeister

are you serious?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38 thepoolgirl

Just go to tesco LOL :D

• Registered Users Posts: 320 ✭✭aviendha

well that's not helpful, cos the only Tesco in Mayo are Castlebar (not on my route home) and Ballina (have to trek in through the town to get there)

PLUS they don't do cream doughnuts....plenty of cuisine de france stuff alright, but no fresh stuff. I'M SERIOUS!! I need a wee coffee-shop/ bakery place... and I figure since Foxford is the home of O'Hara's there should be something there??

looks like another unsatisfied Friday afternoon :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,158 ✭✭✭donmeister

this is officially the best thread ever,lol!

*bow*
    but see, see how few replies!.... see how difficult it is to get fresh dairy produce (ok, not strictly dairy produce I'll grant!) in the county with so many cows :p
    tsktsk.. looks like I'll be resorting to E-Numbers and purple yorkies tonight :)

• Advertisement
  • Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 28,811 Mod ✭✭✭✭oscarBravo

Mmm, purple Yorkies...

brb

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,104 ✭✭✭Oldtree

Tescos in Ballinrobe too!!!

But there is a little bakery shop on Church Lane (just down the road, between Cummins supermarket and the library (old church of ireland) entrance), that has a cream doughnuts to die for. Allbeit off your beaten track. :D:p:p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,919 ✭✭✭Bob the Builder

Tesco also in Westport.
    Centra's all over the place.
    Both places always have them.

What time are we talking about btw? How late?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,769 ✭✭✭nuac

Aviendha - cream doughnuts are bad for you.

However there is a very nice coffee shop in Ballycastle on your right towards the end of the street going west.

If you could go home via Westport, Currys has always fresh confectionery baked each morning.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 177 ✭✭mercuroman

Install a little fridge for your car. Buy the cream doughnuts in Dublin, place in said fridge - they will be kept fairly fresh - and then eat with milky tea in Erris.

You're welcome

• Advertisement
  • Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 28,811 Mod ✭✭✭✭oscarBravo

Mmm, milky tea.

brb

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,874 ✭✭✭✭PogMoThoin

mercuroman wrote: »
    Install a little fridge for your car. Buy the cream doughnuts in Dublin, place in said fridge - they will be kept fairly fresh - and then eat with milky tea in Erris.

:rolleyes: Or buy a Saab 9-5, its got a refrigerated glove box, now thats cool.......pun intended :D

mercuroman wrote: »

You're welcome

Excellent idea!! will take on board...
    *flicks through argos*

so ended up going home via castlebar in the hope that either Tesco or the Upper Crust bakery could provide.... disappointed :(

that. or upgrade the Focus to a Saab!!
    Cheers !! :D

Advertisement