Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

car radio code

Options
  • 13-11-2008 12:41am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 196 ✭✭

my battery got disconnected and now i need the code for the radio. Anyone know where to get it and how much it costs the car is 2nd hand so dont have the radio book. If I buy a new radio which i need anywaywill i still need the code?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,620 ✭✭✭Graham_B18C

Nope. As far as I know the code is in the actual radio, not the car. You need to bring in some stuff to the dealer and they get em for you but i cant imagine its cheap. You're far better off buying a different radio, you'd get a grand one for about 70 quid

• Registered Users Posts: 3,087 ✭✭✭Duiske

schumacher wrote: »
    my battery got disconnected and now i need the code for the radio. Anyone know where to get it and how much it costs the car is 2nd hand so dont have the radio book. If I buy a new radio which i need anywaywill i still need the code?

Happened me a couple of times and I just called into dealers (Ford at the time) and they gave me the number with no charge.
    And no, you will not need the original code for a new radio.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 196 ✭✭schumacher

thanks!! mines a ford but i dont go to a ford garage so i say i will get charged cos its ten years old so they would have to look it up! need a new radio cos cant listen to cds or ipod so will prob just get one! just hope i can fit it

• Registered Users Posts: 68,984 ✭✭✭✭L1011

Check to see if you need a fascia adapter (to fill any hole the old radio leaves if its bigger than DIN) or wiring/aerial adapters; but even if you do fitting a radio is piss easy. Get the release keys to take the old one out, yoink, unconnect the ISO blocks/aerial.

You may need to replace the "cage". If this is the case, just buckle it in the middle, pull it out; put the new one in and bend down the tabs. connect to new radio, slide in. Takes about 5 minutes all going well.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,720 ✭✭✭Hal1

The serial number is all you need, and it's on the back of the radio unit. I think it's eight digits (M10101010). There are places online that will charge €5 for the code to unlock the radio.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,854 ✭✭✭CrowdedHouse

One time Fords used to have a sticker with the code 'hidden' in the vehicle.One place was on the bottom of the removable part of the ashtray and another was somewhere on the boot/tailgate lid...might be worth a quick check.

Seven Worlds will Collide

• Registered Users Posts: 3,570 ✭✭✭rebel.ranter

In our pool cars the radios are constantly getting locked due to flat batteries, etc. The most we were ever charged was €14. Call in to a dealer, it's a 5 minute job.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,815 ✭✭✭✭Anan1

OP - If you have any of the books for the car then have a good look through them. It's quite common for someone to have noted down the radio code somewhere.

• Registered Users Posts: 162 ✭✭Brabus

Yeah the dealers can rip you off. I had to get one for an Audi, cost €30!!!:mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 9,248 ✭✭✭Plug

schumacher wrote: »
    i can help you, i work in a ford garage;)

Give me the serial number and part number.

• Advertisement
Advertisement