Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

xbox setup on ntl/upc

• 13-11-2008 1:04am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 183 ✭✭

hey all,

ive bought the 360 and im trying to connect it to the tv via my ntl/upc box (has 2 scart sockets), basically, i can press the "dvd-r" button on my remote control and the xbox page displays for no more than a few miliseconds, then back to the tv stations. :(

i can connect a dvd player to it and it will work fine, perhaps the signal broadcasted is different, but the shabby old tv that my flatmate owns has no AV botton or no option to tune in another station, so i cannot view it directly this way either...

any suggestions?
    is it possible to use the xbox through the ntl/upc player?

thanks in advance..

Con

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

Why not just connect it to the scart socket on the back of the TV itself?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,132 ✭✭✭silvine

Try and avoid Scart if you can. Horrible pic quality.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 183 ✭✭conman

Why not just connect it to the scart socket on the back of the TV itself?

as its an old crt tv (maybe 7-8 years) with no remote control, no av option and tuner option,
    i presume all these lovely features would have been on the remote control itself!

(i was thinking an all in one remote might do it, but dont really wana have to buy one, considering in less than 2 months ill have a new lcd.

Advertisement