Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

childrens activity sligo

Options
  • 13-11-2008 1:20am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 7

hi, I'm in the middle of moving to sligo from Bray...just wondering if there are many things to do for kids? for a shy girl - definately not a play/tumble centre!

any help appreicated!
    Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,392 ✭✭✭TequilaMockingBird

Hi Lilyw, welcome to Sligo. How old is your daughter?

There is a play place here but it is my version of hell, so I'm with your daughter on that!

There is lots of dance classes in St. Annes, Irish, Hip Hop, Little Dancers etc. They also do guitar lessons, and a "young" youth club type thing with lots of very good activities/trips.

The Hawkswell theatre will often (ish) have childrens shows, or ballet/musicals suitable for children.

Leisure Centre for swimming.

Cinema.

Lots of shopping (:eek:)

Nice new playground down in Doorly Park.

RulaBula ceramic painting for children on JFK Parade.

This is just some things to do in town, there is much more going on outside the town, horse-riding, surfing etc.

I'm sure the other ladies will be along to add to the list.:)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,659 ✭✭✭magnumlady

Good luck with the move.

Sueme has given you a great list.:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7 lilyw

THanks for that, I was actually in Rulabula for a hen party a few months ago, great craic ;), didn't pop into my head that children could do it too...i just phoned them and my daughter (age 7) is signed up for art class now so that is one thing off the list (handy that they are going to be making christmas presents too, so I can scratch some other things off my never ending list)!

Will have to check out the other things too. We went to the park across from smyths toy shop when we were looking for a place to rent, its a great facility but, i hate to say this, we were a bit put off there was a group of children who were all over the place. Have to choose a quiter time for that park I think.
    Thanks again for the help!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,346 ✭✭✭darealtulip

around sligo is some great stuff aswell, eagles flying in Ballymote is great. lots of birds of pray and agreat pet zoo. there is a fun swimming pool in bundoran (closed in winter though). great beaches every where, streedah (if I write that right) mullaghmore, strandhill. donkey sanctuary in castlebaldwin. There is bowling in Bundoran and Carrick on shannon.

Advertisement