Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

fetish for irish people

2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15 bryankinney

kevmy wrote: »
    Nah it's been a bit cold of late, I'm sure it'll pick up again once March rolls around

OP I don't know what to do with you. Brianthebeard has tried his best but I'll try and break it down one more time.

Galway is a city in Ireland. The majority of it's population is Irish born and bred despite a recent increase in immigration. This means the majority of the male population will be Irish. A lot of the hanging out in Ireland is done in pubs and house parties - this is where you will find people.

As for any particular pub I couldn't comment - there are probably 50 pubs in the city centre which satisfy different tastes and demographics: students, scumbags, professionals, old people, hippies

So come along if you want and test the pubs and find one you like and start there.

If you can't do that then shag off

that's ridiculous. there are plenty of bars in ireland, no ****. i've gone on this forum so i could get some help because i don't want to waste half of my trip just searching. what is so difficult to understand about that?
    now, if you don't have anything useful or informative to say, why not just shut the hell up? don't you have anything better to do, like your homework? nosey little brats.

and thanks to all who did name names.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,393 ✭✭✭inisboffin

OP, I honestly can't tell if you are having the craic/taking the piss or serious.
    If I understand you correctly, you are asking for a pinpointed location where skinny straight pale Irish boys with strawberry noses are *constantly* (or at least usually?) found???

TBH, you would have more luck sticking to a bar in South Boston where people get homesick for the 'homeland', than hunting for that very specific race/appearance criteria in Galway.
    Them skinny fellahs are unpredictable here, and tend to mingle the odd time with the blow ins. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 60 ✭✭balu

it's the high cheek-bones, rounded strawberry noses, big blue eyes, pale skin, small bones thing, it just drives me nuts...
    yeah, i have 2 x chromozomes, if you know any types like that, just send them over to me...

Cheek-Bones - Check
    Rounded-Strawberry Noses - Check
    Big Blue Eyes - Check
    Small Bones - Check

And as a plus: Red haired.

Here you go my daring: http://ie.youtube.com/watch?v=oCM_VWzSiMo

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,983 ✭✭✭leninbenjamin

where do you live to say that? thing is, every time i spot some stranger as attractive, if i end up getting to know them or their last name they turn out to be at least 50% anglo or irish.

wow, so that means the other 50% isn't Irish. I fail to see what that was meant to imply. great stat.

wow, so that means the other 50% isn't Irish. I fail to see what that was meant to imply. great stat.

you fail to see because you don't have enough neurons in your brain.
    so don't consider a career in science.

• Registered Users Posts: 28 AlonsoX

You couldnt do better than Heaven in Blanch

Alonso Xa
    www.print-cafe.com

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,787 ✭✭✭d-gal

I think i am going to speak for majority of people here when I say your nothing but a troll and the last thing we would like is for u to visit here. So kindly stay there and shut up

you obviously haven't a clue about science, or else you would see the flaw in your logic. for the record, there is no 'Irish' look. we have a vast number of different influences on our genealogy, from the Romans, Vikings, Normans, Spanish to the English (who would have brought more Germanic/Saxon influences). So there is no one dominant hair colour, no dominant type of bone structure etc. we are not a 'race' in the scientific sense. Claiming to be able to tell who's Irish by their facial features, is by and large total bullsh*t. I'm fully bred Irish but even here I'm often confused for being from the continent. such is the Irish 'race'.

Secondly you're observation that all of those you fall for have 50% Irish ancestry is great. but it means nothing. because you can't tell which of the Irish gene subsets it is your falling for. and you obviously haven't thought to seek out the other genetic influences. all in all, from a scientific view point you're just falling for a specific type of Caucasian male. the fact they have a higher than average percentage of Irish ancestry is just as likely coincidental as a determining factor.

and for the record, the number of neuron's in your brain has very little to do with intelligence. the development of the neuron pathways are far more important (among other things). Einstein's bring for example was of average size, if not smaller.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,165 ✭✭✭✭brianthebard

You know the majority of people who posted on this thread have been Irish males (the rest were Irish women I would guess). And if you aren't just trolling then you have to be one of the most disgruntled, ungracious, rude people to ever want to get with an Irish guy. You think you're going to do well here with that attitude? Chances are you'll get cu.nt punted within an hour in the country.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,155 ✭✭✭PopeBuckfastXVI

you obviously haven't a clue about science...

And the award for the most time and consideration put into an answer to an undeseving post goes to leninbenjamin.

Though I might take issue with a couple of conclusions, perhaps the OP's sample size is large enough to be deterministic....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,383 ✭✭✭emeraldstar

that's ridiculous. there are plenty of bars in ireland, no ****. i've gone on this forum so i could get some help because i don't want to waste half of my trip just searching. what is so difficult to understand about that?
    now, if you don't have anything useful or informative to say, why not just shut the hell up? don't you have anything better to do, like your homework? nosey little brats.

and thanks to all who did name names.
    Jesus Christ OP. Having read through this thread you seem to be the most hostile, demanding, stubborn and, frankly, odd person ever. What are you even trying to say? How to find Irish people in Ireland? Come off it :rolleyes:

Either undergo a major attitude adjustment before you get here, or else please don't come.

Preferably the latter.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,944 ✭✭✭✭4zn76tysfajdxp

Try the bus station, Weeman from Jackass hangs out there.

And the award for the most time and consideration put into an answer to an undeseving post goes to leninbenjamin.

lol thanks. I was bored and trying to put off doing an assignment. :pac:
    Though I might take issue with a couple of conclusions, perhaps the OP's sample size is large enough to be deterministic....

well, if one considers the size of the Irish diaspora in the U.S, It's well into the millions. thus if we want to establish with the deterministic factors, her/his sample size it would need to be into the 10s of thousands range.

also (s)he only mentioned the Irish bit about the ancestry, (s)he neglected to state the other 50% or so. Could well be that her/his particular type of 'Irish guy' is as much due to intermarriage with other 'cultures', such as latino, mediterranean etc. and that might be where the deterministic factors lie...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,155 ✭✭✭PopeBuckfastXVI

her/his sample size it would need to be into the 10s of thousands range.

That's what I was implying :p

That's what I was implying :p

:o

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 17,231 Mod ✭✭✭✭Das Kitty

Claiming to be able to tell who's Irish by their facial features, is by and large total bullsh*t.

I see you haven't heard of my Irish-Mouth method. I can tell if someone's Irish by the shape of their mouth. Mad Skillz.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 78 ✭✭EJLL

you obviously haven't a clue about science, or else you would see the flaw in your logic. for the record, there is no 'Irish' look. we have a vast number of different influences on our genealogy, from the Romans, Vikings, Normans, Spanish to the English (who would have brought more Germanic/Saxon influences).

I disagree. You can talk up your point but I can spot an Irish person a mile off abroad. There is a definite Irish look and I'm not referring to the red haired and freckled look. I'm living in Cardiff and I can usually distinguish if someone is Welsh, English or Irish though sometimes the differences are very subtle. Plus Irish people dress better and are thinner!!!

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 17,231 Mod ✭✭✭✭Das Kitty

Not to mention their distinctive mouths.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

Das Kitty wrote: »
    I can tell if someone's Irish by the shape of their mouth. Mad Skillz.
    Or the state of their teeth.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,165 ✭✭✭✭brianthebard

Anyone else feel like this thread has turned into an ethnic profile?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,178 ✭✭✭kevmy

EJLL wrote: »
    Irish people dress better and are thinner!!!

As yes even if that is true dress sense, average size and accent have nothing to do with look even thought they may be the best indicators of where someone is from.
    We're a mongrel people really and I think this is what leninbenjamin is getting at. Essentially saying if there is an Irish look it's only one which comes from combining everyone else's look
    Anyone else feel like this thread has turned into an ethnic profile?

Still it's better than what it started out as

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,789 ✭✭✭✭ScumLord

See OP. See how cruel the Irish can be and their not even drunk.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,393 ✭✭✭inisboffin

Lads, no one is to mention the secret handshake, right? If that gets out we are f*cked, just like before..

oops

ScumLord wrote: »
    See OP. See how cruel the Irish can be and their not even drunk.

yeah, and they're self-ritious dumb and pretentious just like the rich american kids.
    i wonder if it's just the age group though. i assume most of the people writing here are students in their late teens or 20's.

i can't believe i shattered their little innocent view of ireland as such a multi-ethnical place. you're not america yet, and even in america a lot of people can tell their genetic roots. fact is you're still less genetically mixed than most european countries, definitely england and scotland. why is that such a problem you little ritious idiots?
    and i'm proud to be a weirdo. so kiss my ass and suck my cock.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,711 ✭✭✭Redhairedguy

I have spent the last 10 minutes reading this thread getting more and more confused as it went along.

Of course, as I am the "stereotypical" Irish man, ginger head, freckles, blue eyes, rake thin yadda yadda.. I have no opinion and will now go stand in the corner.
    suck my cock.

Thanks for the offer but wtf?

Advertisement