Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Recommend me a self storage unit?

Options
  • 13-11-2008 4:56am
    Registered Users Posts: 7,980 ✭✭✭

Have been using a self storage unit (5 sq m) for the past few years but over the last year and a half they have put the price up twice so I'm outta there. Anyone recommend me a company that won't rob me on a self storage unit?

Comments

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 32,285 Mod ✭✭✭✭The_Conductor

Where do you have in mind? Do you require weekend/out of hours access- or is it simply a lockup you have in mind. Regards, S.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,980 ✭✭✭meglome

smccarrick wrote: »
    Where do you have in mind? Do you require weekend/out of hours access- or is it simply a lockup you have in mind. Regards, S.

Sorry in the Dublin city area. Weekend and out of hours nice but not a necessity and a proper self storage unit. Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 62 ✭✭wisjoc

Try Mini Storage in Finglas. Fairly new company. Done a bit of work on snagging the place and they provide free 24 hour access and prices seemed very reasonable.

wisjoc wrote: »
    Try Mini Storage in Finglas. Fairly new company. Done a bit of work on snagging the place and they provide free 24 hour access and prices seemed very reasonable.

I'll give them a try thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 78,393 ✭✭✭✭Victor

There are a whole lot of them along the Naas Road. I think its a matter of striking a balance between cost and accessibility - by that I mean distance as much as opening hours.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 32,285 Mod ✭✭✭✭The_Conductor

Ditto- in the Ballymount Estate between junctions 8 and 9 on the M50- there are at least 4 different companies operating in there.

smccarrick wrote: »
    Ditto- in the Ballymount Estate between junctions 8 and 9 on the M50- there are at least 4 different companies operating in there.

Thanks

Only not places I travel through very often so any names would be great.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 Jacob07

Space Self Storage Dublin www.spacestorage.ie. Rent a unit with these guys very clean cheap and great service

• Closed Accounts Posts: 397 ✭✭smeedyova

Hi, I need to store the contents of a very small flat. Can you tell me how much these places cost in Dublin? Many thanks,

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Moonbeam

I use http://www.ministorage.ie/mini-storage-dublin/ I got quotes from about 8 places in Dublin and them and elephant had the best price.
    You can drive in downstairs so nothing gets wet,their customer service is great and I am very happy with them.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13,992 ✭✭✭✭gurramok

Prices per mth for a 2sqm or a 5sqm or a 10sqm etc?

• Registered Users Posts: 212 ✭✭Declan1

I rented a unit of "U Store It," just off the M50 at Finglas. Never had a problem with them, 24 hour access by prior arrangement. Secure. Don't know how their prices compare now but they were the cheapest I could find at the time.

• Registered Users Posts: 62 ✭✭wisjoc

What do you mean by prior arrangement for the 24 hour access?

I rented a 5 Metre unit at Mini Storage, got it for a much cheaper price than anyone else was quoting and they just give you a code which lets you come and go as you please. They even threw the first 4 weeks in for a €1 because I am looking at storing fairly long term.

Smeedyoya, I got the all of the 1 bedroom flat in the unit. Depends what you are storing I suppose.

• Registered Users Posts: 212 ✭✭Declan1

Prior arrangement - if you need access outside normal hours you ring them up during office hours and they will authorise your unit for access for the time you need it. Makes it a bit more secure - if they're not there on reception they have to have received a call to allow the unit to open.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 KCKC

There's a new one opened up on the Long Mile Road, Space4me I think it is. Could be worth looking at to see if they have anything. They do 24 hour access if that's what you're looking for.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 4,495 Mod ✭✭✭✭dory

Does anyone know how much one of these storage units cost?! All I see on websites is 'contact us for a quote'. I'd love to see some figures.

I need low price over flexibility. Apologies for the old thread but the person before me bumped it before I did!

Advertisement