Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

First Time UFC viewer

• 13-11-2008 10:02am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,677 ✭✭✭

Last night I watched the UFC for the first time on Setanta , damn it was pretty good.

When I say I am first time viewer I havent watched it since its first few years of inception so maybe I am a New UFC viewer.

Saw an ad for UFC 91 last night with Couture Vs Lesnar Saturday night so I think I am going to check it, wont be out Saturday night cause I am On Call for work hopefully the match is good.

Will

Comments

Enjoy it. There should be some great fights on Sat. The December 27th event is gonna be THE event of the year though!! So don't let a few possible slow fights on Saturday put ya off! :pac:

Post some feedback on how ya find it anyway dude. Be interesting to see how a new viewer finds it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,677 ✭✭✭Chong

Enjoy it. There should be some great fights on Sat. The December 27th event is gonna be THE event of the year though!! So don't let a few possible slow fights on Saturday put ya off! :pac:

Post some feedback on how ya find it anyway dude. Be interesting to see how a new viewer finds it.
    I will definately, I have watched WWE religiously throughout my life but over the last 6-8 months I just gave up.

Having watched UFC last night I thought, damn this is good stuff. I used to watch in the days of Dan Severn, Frank Shamrock and Ken Shamrock, but went back to WWE, but UFC has really evolved as so its seems.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,803 ✭✭✭dunkamania

Welcome to the forum, hope you enjoy the show this weekend.

Funny how most of us used to be WWE fans at one point....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 67 ✭✭tri111

I'm new to this UFC stuff and it really makes WWE wrestlers look like fairies.

I guess that's why Brock Lesnar got out and went to the UFC for some serious action.

tri111 wrote: »
    I'm new to this UFC stuff and it really makes WWE wrestlers look like fairies.

I guess that's why Brock Lesnar got out and went to the UFC for some serious action.
    I think it would be extremely difficult to compare both.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,089 ✭✭✭✭rovert

Chong, the learning curve for watching MMA is funny on one hand it is super accessable (the stand up) and on the other (the ground game) isnt. But dont be deterred by it if you are. The time you put into it initally will be repaid many times over.

MMA gives me that same feeling in my gut that Wrestling used to. Rolling on UFC 91!

rovert wrote: »
    Chong, the learning curve for watching MMA is funny on one hand it is super accessable (the stand up) and on the other (the ground game) isnt. But dont be deterred by it if you are. The time you put into it initally will be repaid many times over.

MMA gives me that same feeling in my gut that Wrestling used to. Rolling on UFC 91!
    Defo, from what I watched last night I was very impressed.

WWE just isnt what it once was, Pro Wrestling in General I find isnt, bear in mind , I have only ever watched TNA also.

But having seen live wrestling recently I appreciate how damn good it is to watch live, and WWE isnt reflective of the live action stuff.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11 Farhhra Qanima

I believe setanta are going to continue to show the UFC

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,803 ✭✭✭dunkamania

Chong wrote: »
    WWE just isnt what it once was, Pro Wrestling in General I find isnt.

Its probably you thats changed :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,317 ✭✭✭lafors

rovert wrote: »

Great comment there Rovert.
    I've been watching UFC for 3 years now and I'd say its only in the last year that I've started to really enjoy/understand the ground game. Its really like a game of chess.....with the pieces beating the crap out of each other ;)

When you start to see what the guy is positioning for or going to try next and you're right, its great :)

I'd say if you practiced in MA then you would defo pick up these little details much better/quicker. I suppose thats why it annoys me when people say its just a bunch of gougers kicking the crap out of each other (I'd say we'll hear a lot of this leading up to January in the O2), when the skill involved is impossible for the average joe to understand without watching it for a good while............ah I'm rambling :)

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,089 ✭✭✭✭rovert

dunkamania wrote: »
    Its probably you thats changed :)

This line of discussion may have totally valid a few years ago for the reason why people turned off but Pro Wrestling has become incredibly stale. Part of MMA's charm is that Fighters advance up the card and new, fresh, exciting fighters come enter the sport on a regular basis.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88 ✭✭Spaco

Agreed. I love the way it's so tough to keep a winning streak going for any fighter in UFC. To be able to change depending on who an opponent is, makes it so watchable.
    Looking forwrad to the show in the O2 in January. I'm up in the gods but reckon the place is going to be electric.......

Ready for tonight , I hope the match rocks!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

looking forward to to night but as said dont let a few slow fights put you off OP ufc 92 in december will have 3 fights of the year!!!!! well at least on paper thats how its looking .

Advertisement