Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Nogueira vs Mir: the talking has begun **WARNING: Link contains spoiler for tonight**

Options
  • 13-11-2008 10:37am

Linky
    “I’m 200 times the athlete that he is. I can jump higher, run faster, move quicker, move longer — anything we do that I know just as well as he does I’m going to crush him.”

Thoughts? I've personally found Mir to come across as very arrogant and disrespectful towards Nog on the show myself. maybe it's just how the show is portraying him but that's the impression I've gotten. I'm curious if Mir has the gas tank for Nog myself.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,084 ✭✭✭mark.leonard

While not an event per se, and exempt from Rule 9 to an extent, you just spoiled TUF 9 Coaches Challenge for me :(

While not an event per se, and exempt from Rule 9 to an extent, you just spoiled TUF 9 Coaches Challenge for me :(

:(

Sh1t, I didn't even see that. I just posted the quote and didn't read the bottom commentary. And now I just spoiled it for myself too. I've edited it out now, apologies to anyone who saw that.

Very sorry Mark. I deserve an infraction for that one to be honest.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,803 ✭✭✭dunkamania

Havent seen the latest episode yet, but I think Mir has nowhere near the classiness of Nog. That being said, he was upset when Junie spit on the blackbelt, and made sure Junie apoligised to Nog.

When Nog stepped in over the pranks, I felt Mir should have supported him, the guys are risking their UFC careers. If things get out of control, someone could get kicked out.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,594 ✭✭✭Fozzy

That's Frank Mir. He's always been arrogant

I remember reading a few weeks ago that as this series goes on, Nogueira only gets nicer and Mir only gets more unlikeable

Guess who'll be getting the cheers on fight night though

Fozzy wrote: »
    That's Frank Mir. He's always been arrogant

I remember reading a few weeks ago that as this series goes on, Nogueira only gets nicer and Mir only gets more unlikeable

Guess who'll be getting the cheers on fight night though

If I was in attendance I'd be raising the roof for Nog!

But Mir is a Vegas boy and the man who beat Lesnar. Thankfully nog will out cardio him and justice will be served!! :pac: Remember pe de Pano vs Mir? thats whats gonna happen!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 237 ✭✭stevemc01

Mir comes accross as more and more of an ass each week. I cant wait for Ufc 92 so Nog can shut him up.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,803 ✭✭✭dunkamania

I was never a Mir fan, but my take on it is that he is surprisingly insecure for an ex-world champion.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,870 ✭✭✭mikeruurds

Mir is such a tosser. Nog comes across as a genuinely decent human being.

Advertisement