Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

DK Thread, specs etc

• 13-11-2008 11:35am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,137 ✭✭✭✭

As the title says, whats your badass death knight?

I'm Kratus, orc DK on Maelstrom.

I currently launched allowed of talents into bloody. I'm still a bit confused about the preserverance, as i dont see myself getting hp back from attack like it said I should.

What spec did you make?

I'm interested in knowing good levelling specs..

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,528 ✭✭✭copeyhagen

from what i have read on official forums, all 3 trees can be used for tanking, it all comes down to your preferred talents / play style.

i am gonna go deep into the unholy tree for the army of the undead and the added control over the ghouls.

if u put the points into unholy u can control the ghoul like a hunter or warlocks pet and it lasts a whole lot longer.

dyin to get home now and play it. why didnt i take today and tomorow off aswell as monday!! :(

my dk is ShadowKnight on laughing skull, though im thinking of migrating to a busier server soon.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,715 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

From what i gather unholy is the best levelling tree with loads of aoe damage.
    Heres the spec i might go with once i roll a DK
    http://www.wowhead.com/?talent=jZhbxxZbg0IxfkMcq0csut

From level 55 through 58, as you quest around Ebon Hold, you’ll earn talent points as part of your quest rewards. By the time you finish you’ll be level 58 with the appropriate number of talent points.

Blood Leveling - 32/0/17
    Rotation: Icy Touch, Plague Strike, Blood Strike x2 | Death Coil

Simple rotation
    Good self healing
    Fast mount
    No special AoE abilities
    Unholy Leveling - 2/0/47
    Rotation: Icy Touch, Plague Strike, Scourge Strike, Blood Strike x2 | Death Coil or Summon Gargoyle

Unholy Leveling - 2/0/47
    Rotation: Icy Touch, Plague Strike, Scourge Strike, Blood Strike x2 | Death Coil or Summon Gargoyle

Best DPS for leveling
    Even better DPS in AoE situations
    Permanent ghoul pet
    Early heavy hitting strike (Scourge Strike)
    Fast mount
    Limited self healing (for now)
    Dependent on ghoul for best DPS rating

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,137 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

Sounds like i might need to respec already haha :)

I've been generally pulling 5-7 mobs in outland at once, then casting the dots and then using some talent to spread the dots to all surrounding targets.

I dont think ive dropped below 80% in any enoucnter with 5+ mobs, the self healing is immense.

I'm deep through blood at the moment. Its serious imba self healing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,401 ✭✭✭✭Anti

Gah Fell asleep at computer on the keyboard lol !

Im going deep into blood myself, but will probably checkout unholy in the future.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 20,919 ✭✭✭✭Gummy Panda

I'm unholy. Was blood until lv60.

Can easily pull losts of mobs and if i die, its not the end of my dpsing :pac:

this is a good vid showing Unholy AOE

http://www.wow-pro.com/death_knight_aoe_how_to

EDIT: ED is full. Keeps disconnecting me 2 mins before i'm allowed in. Only logged out to make dinner :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,137 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

hmmm, unholy, im not seeing the benefit

You can still aoe kinda, with spreading dots through pestilence with blood, and the fact you rarely lose much hp.

Unholy on the other hand im being spanked around...

I'll give it some time but so far not impressed

loving unholy, done ramps and bf last night with a 59 priest healing and me and 3 other dks.

one was frost, he was tanking cuz he was 60, me and another 58 were unholy and one was blood. we tore through both instances with zero down time, it was ridiculous!

i can honestly say this is the most fun i have had in wow!

i love unholy for the master of ghouls tp or whatever its called, where you can control the ghoul like a warlock or hunters pet, gives some good added dps.

i might try frost a bit later on but for now im enjoying unholy immensly!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,919 ✭✭✭✭Gummy Panda

hmmm, unholy, im not seeing the benefit

8 mob pulled burned down in seconds is the benefit.

No problem with health since i death strike my hp back.

• Registered Users Posts: 720 ✭✭✭Ravage1616

Went into rampart's with 5 dk's last nite, all spec blood! Only died once against the dragon! Was so much fun! 5 blood aura buff's help! :-p

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,918 ✭✭✭nix

I'm digging unholy, i killed 10 buzzards outside telhmat in HFP yesterday.

Icy touch > plague strike > pestilence > death and decay > Unholy blight > spam blood boil as much as you can > alternate targets to fully avail of death strike hp return.

Ive died a few times, i had about 15 on me last night but it became too much :(

And why oh why is corpse explode soooo **** ? It should do alot more damage, you need a corpse to use it for crying out loud !

Enhance damage plz and put a CD on it !! :D

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,216 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

I think its absolutly ridiculous seeing all the Death Knights around. Gnome/Dwarf Death Knights look plain idiotic, and how can they possibly explain Tauren or Night Elf Death Knights? They really dont care about pissing all over the lore to make changes like these, do they. Its a really bad way of implementing hero classes imo. They could/should have been done much better.

Saying that, i will end up rolling one, but not till the massive wave of them has subsided.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 63 ✭✭mossyj

I specd all tp in blood so far + its pretty decent for taking single mobs down quickly! Just starting in outlands so early days yet!

Only thing that bothers me is having to upgrade my cool dk armor. I think the black armor set you get after completing all the dk starter quests is awesome looking, shame to have to go back to silvery plate!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 63 ✭✭mossyj

Kiith wrote: »
    I think its absolutly ridiculous seeing all the Death Knights around. Gnome/Dwarf Death Knights look plain idiotic, and how can they possibly explain Tauren or Night Elf Death Knights? They really dont care about pissing all over the lore to make changes like these, do they. Its a really bad way of implementing hero classes imo. They could/should have been done much better.

Saying that, i will end up rolling one, but not till the massive wave of them has subsided.

yeah i have to agree it is a bit weird looking seeing dks in all shapes and sizes....

as for the lore thing - i cant comment cos my dk is a nelf :) - purely cos i think plate armor looks the best on nelfs.......

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,810 ✭✭✭DRakE

mossyj wrote: »
    yeah i have to agree it is a bit weird looking seeing dks in all shapes and sizes....

as for the lore thing - i cant comment cos my dk is a nelf :) - purely cos i think plate armor looks the best on nelfs.......
    dwarves.

Advertisement