Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

battery clamp problems

Options
  • 13-11-2008 12:07pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 704 ✭✭✭

Hi,

I have quite a strange problem with battery clamp. I tried to connect the clamp to minus post but the the clamp is way too large, even it seems to be the smaller size.

I am actually wondering if I even have car battery in the car, the minus post is really small diameter, I have never seen this kind of before.

Is the any good solution for this, other than changing the battery?

I have a temp solution now in place, but would be nice to get better set up for this connection, since it is quite important after all..

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,248 ✭✭✭Plug

you have the wrong battery mate. I suppose you got it in hallfords?:rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 704 ✭✭✭itarumaa

I did get it from halfords indeed,

I have too what to do about it, at the moment temp connection works but is far from pretty.

Go back to halfords and get the right one. There a bunch of clowns out there so make sure you have the right one before leaving. What kind of a car is it anyway?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 704 ✭✭✭itarumaa

Well, battery was bought two years ago so no point to go back,

Car is a Daewoo Matiz,

I do agree with you about Halfords, they don´t know much and prices are not too cheap either.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,706 ✭✭✭craichoe

itarumaa wrote: »
    Well, battery was bought two years ago so no point to go back,

Car is a Daewoo Matiz,

I do agree with you about Halfords, they don´t know much and prices are not too cheap either.

No bad for a temporary job !! :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 980 ✭✭✭macroman

itarumaa wrote: »
    No they're not. Was up there last night and they wanted €6 for two indicator bulbs - was talking to one of the staff who recommended that I go up to the motor factors in the morning (suppose it's the price you pay if they open until 8).

If you were stuck, you could try a temporary bodge - a copper sleave onto the pole which will fit the diameter of the clamp. Wouldn't recommend it, one of those at your own risk things.

But you might be able to return it...don't the batteries have a 2, 3 and 5 year guarantee...just tell them it not charging and get them to fit the new one :o

macroman wrote: »
    No they're not. Was up there last night and they wanted €6 for two indicator bulbs - was talking to one of the staff who recommended that I go up to the motor factors in the morning (suppose it's the price you pay if they open until 8).

If you were stuck, you could try a temporary bodge - a copper sleave onto the pole which will fit the diameter of the clamp. Wouldn't recommend it, one of those at your own risk things.

But you might be able to return it...don't the batteries have a 2, 3 and 5 year guarantee...just tell them it not charging and get them to fit the new one :o
    Very good excuse!

Advertisement