Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Tevion Vision Portable DVD Player 8817 from Aldi

• 13-11-2008 1:23pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,245 ✭✭✭

Just bought one this morning for €69.99 but it makes no mention that it is specifically for the European region, so does that mean it is Region Free ?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,330 ✭✭✭Gran Hermano

• When you receive your Tevion 8817 it is locked to Region 2 (UK & Europe). If you would like to unlock the DVD player so that it becomes multi-regional perform the following steps:
      1. With the DVD player turned on, press the 'Setup' button on your remote control, to enter the system menu.
      2. Press the right arrow button on your remote control until you have the 'Password Setup Page' displayed.
      3. Then press '8888' using your remote control. This will subsequently display a 'Region Code' screen.
      4. Using the up and down arrows on your remote control you can specify the region you require. To enable multi-regional play we recommend setting the unit to: Region Code 0.
      5. Press the 'Enter' button on your remote control to confirm.
    http://www.fascin8.co.uk/f8/index.php/tevion/portable-dvd/7q-dvd-8817#faq

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,245 ✭✭✭Mumha

• When you receive your Tevion 8817 it is locked to Region 2 (UK & Europe). If you would like to unlock the DVD player so that it becomes multi-regional perform the following steps:
      1. With the DVD player turned on, press the 'Setup' button on your remote control, to enter the system menu.
      2. Press the right arrow button on your remote control until you have the 'Password Setup Page' displayed.
      3. Then press '8888' using your remote control. This will subsequently display a 'Region Code' screen.
      4. Using the up and down arrows on your remote control you can specify the region you require. To enable multi-regional play we recommend setting the unit to: Region Code 0.
      5. Press the 'Enter' button on your remote control to confirm.
    http://www.fascin8.co.uk/f8/index.php/tevion/portable-dvd/7q-dvd-8817#faq

Fantastic reply, thanks very much. I did have a problem with it though but your info helped get me to the answer. I followed the instructions but it wouldn't come up with the Region screen. I then compared the instructions to a similar model but they both had 4 tabs instead of my 3. The other model instructions said to press the right arrow 3 times, so I did and then pressed 8888. Up popped the region screen containing the region code/Model/Date. As it happens the region screen is now off the General Setup Page. The other thing to note is that it is actually defaulted to 0 which is region free !

Thanks again

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,686 ✭✭✭tonyheaney

im trying to hook up an external HDD but it says not supported any ides?

• Registered Users Posts: 6 cheweybacca

tonyheaney wrote: »
    im trying to hook up an external HDD but it says not supported any ides?
    If the external HD is more than 8gb then it won't support it.

Advertisement