Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Psychic Development: Who's Interested?

• 13-11-2008 1:29pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,247 ✭✭✭✭

Ok I'm looking at starting a Psychic Development Group in January and want to see how much interest there is. Did this before and it was great but I'm looking for something that I can do in 10 week stages and keep it going.

I have a few options for spaces around the Temple Bar area of Dublin but they depend on numbers.

It would be 1 weeknight a week from 8.30pm - 10pm for 10 weeks.

Some areas it would cover are:

• Opening Up & Closing Down
    • Increased Awareness
    • Working with Energy
    • Working with Colour
    • Psychomotry

If anyone is interested could they post here and drop me a PM with an email address.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,247 ✭✭✭✭6th

Anyone?

• Subscribers Posts: 19,425 ✭✭✭✭Oryx

How do 6th. Im too far away to take part. Surprised you havent had more take up.

Do you want to elaborate on what your topics mean, so that anyone unfamiliar would have a better idea of what goes on? I often forget that to some I might as well be talking Greek when I talk about 'channelling' or 'reading energy'.:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43,045 ✭✭✭✭Nevyn

You haven't said when you are thinking of running it.
    It's winter time currently which puts a lot of people off and they dont' want to get invovled with something in the run up to the festive season.
    You haven't said what night of the week and some people may alread have evening classes or training.

I would be intrested in taking part, not sure if I could do every week mind.

6th wrote: »
    Ok I'm looking at starting a Psychic Development Group in January and want to see how much interest there is. Did this before and it was great but I'm looking for something that I can do in 10 week stages and keep it going.

I have a few options for spaces around the Temple Bar area of Dublin but they depend on numbers.

It would be 1 weeknight a week from 8.30pm - 10pm for 10 weeks

As I said I'm just gauging the interest first before choosing a night or setting a start a date. Going just by suiting myself I would say a tuesday or wednesday night, starting towards the end of jan.

• Registered Users Posts: 4 Daisy Bell

6th , Count me in.
    DAISY

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4 Daisy Bell

6th , Count me in.
    DAISY

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 128 ✭✭psychic-hack

Actually - pencil me in too 6th.
    It was just the thought of walking through Temple Bar on a cold January night that was putting me off...(shiver)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 404 ✭✭pampers1

This is really weird I was only talking to my partner about trying to explore my psycic abilites on SAturday and then on Monday I see this. Weird!! Anyways I would definitely be interested. Can you PM me more details.

Cool, nice start to this. As I said there is no rush to start this up and towards the end of January people should be recovering from the festivities.

We've 5 people interested so far and I'd ideally like 12 (myself included). I've a couple of people to talk to about availabliity of a space then I should have a better idea about what nights.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 120 ✭✭Sandy2004

Hi 6th,

Good news about settting up a dev circle. :)

If any of yis are thinking of doing it - I'd recommend it. It is very informative as well as good craic and good to meet like minded people. I've done one before with 6th.

Sandy

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 25 Adagiodiva

Hi 6th,

I'm def interested. Temple Bar is also ideal for me.

Just one query- am a complete beginner, will I be holding the rest of you back?

Sara

Sandy2004 wrote: »
    Hi 6th,

Good news about settting up a dev circle. :)

If any of yis are thinking of doing it - I'd recommend it. It is very informative as well as good craic and good to meet like minded people. I've done one before with 6th.

Sandy

Cheers Sandy ;)
    Adagiodiva wrote: »
    Hi 6th,

I'm def interested. Temple Bar is also ideal for me.

Just one query- am a complete beginner, will I be holding the rest of you back?

Sara

Not at all, its not a class room structure and everyone brings their own element to it - even if they dont know what that is to begin with.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 194 ✭✭mazroo

Id be interested... monday or thursday eve??? The rest my crappy job takes up time..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 194 ✭✭mazroo

mazroo wrote: »
    Id be interested... monday or thursday eve??? The rest my crappy job takes up time..
    And... excuse my ignorance but do i need A GIFT to attend.. i really want to just learn more.....

No need to excuse, an interest, open mind and respect for others in the group is all thats needed. I'll post up as soon as I know about the days.

Actually can anyone with an interest send me a private messgae with an email address?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,266 ✭✭✭MysticalSoul

Hi 6th, depending on the day that is chosen at the end, I would certainly be interested. Working fulltime and studying part-time, keeps me busy :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 120 ✭✭poster

6th would be up for going along also

Tom

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,291 ✭✭✭Dinkie

I'd love to go! I possibly wouldn't be able to make every week though due to my job.... would that be a problem? If it isn't I'll pm you my details.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,266 ✭✭✭MysticalSoul

Is there any update on this?

I'm still working on the space and writing up a bit about each of the areas I'd like to cover.

• Advertisement

Hi guys
    I have places on a development circle I run if anyone is interested

Tom

poster wrote: »
    Hi guys
    I have places on a development circle I run if anyone is interested

Tom

Good to see more popping up. Where are you based?

The circle I have places in is based in Clonsilla near the train station

• Registered Users Posts: 104 ✭✭Irishlawgirl

Sabotage wrote: »

Hi - no idea how to PM but would love to do this class. Is it still going ahead?

Hi - no idea how to PM but would love to do this class. Is it still going ahead?

Still going ahead. Infact I might have been talking to you about it last night? Its Mark here ... if I have the wrong person then this message will seem weird :D

Still going ahead. Infact I might have been talking to you about it last night? Its Mark here ... if I have the wrong person then this message will seem weird :D

ha! yup! weird alright!! Wasn't me! Soo as it wasn't me - what did you this other person last night?!!

Just though you were someone I know who I mentioned both the circle and Boards too.

Anyway I hope to have details staight after the break and plan to start the end of january.

Just though you were someone I know who I mentioned both the circle and Boards too.

Anyway I hope to have details staight after the break and plan to start the end of january.

Super - I look forward to hearing the plan. (I nearly had to question what I was doing yesterday evening to make sure it wasn't me! - Short term memory not good! Either is being in work this late - possibly doesn't help!).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 Caroline62

I am interested in this as I was part of a psychic development group in the south west and want to keep up with this in Dublin.thanks

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 16,651 CMod ✭✭✭✭faceman

Only seeing this thread now, Im interested too!

Ok I've provisionally booked a space starting from Thursday the 29th January in Temple Bar. We'll have the room from 8pm til 10pm but I just have to confirm how many I can have in there. I'll get PMs and emails out soon.

Ok I've provisionally booked a space starting from Thursday the 29th January in Temple Bar. We'll have the room from 8pm til 10pm but I just have to confirm how many I can have in there. I'll get PMs and emails out soon.

I'd love to and the dates/times and place are all fine. Thanks a mil in advance for running this - really looking forward to it particularly as this is the most miserable January ever!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,662 ✭✭✭Trinity

Just seen this now, funny enough i was talking to OH about something similar only the other night.

Would love to attend, not sure how i would get there though, i'm not sure i could give a full commitment :(

Well if you think you can make it in for any of them just let me know. They are every thursdy for 10 weeks from the 29th January - drop me a PM if you like.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 54 ✭✭tismenotyou

hey just seen this tread now ..
    not long on the boards !!

think im interested .. not quite sure what it intails tho ..
    can you elaborate a little for me please ..

• Advertisement

So excited that this is starting tomorrow! Still havent heard back from a few people but we've a good sized group.

So excited that this is starting tomorrow! Still havent heard back from a few people but we've a good sized group.

Janey time has flown by - I remember thinking that this was ages off! Looking forward to it too.

hey just seen this tread now ..
    not long on the boards !!

think im interested .. not quite sure what it intails tho ..
    can you elaborate a little for me please ..

It will be quite a relaxed a casual gathering but heres basically what it involves:

• Start at 8.30 with a group chat, get us used to each other and talking. Surprisingly we dont tend to have the language to discuss our thoughts, feelings and experiences due to the fact most of us wouldnt be very open about it. This is somethign which will be addressed over the weeks.

• A guided meditation: I'm not one for pushing one particular set of beliefs so I'm keep it simple and effective. This is one area that I can see evolving as the weeks go on and I'd like to see others in the group taking over the guided meditation if they feel comfortable.

• Visualisation: One of the single most important areas of development. Hard to explain in text.

• Energy awareness: Recognising the energy and information given off by people and objects and leanring to control the flow of that energy.

Plus plenty more but I'll leave it there for now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 343 ✭✭karynp

Hey 6th, just wanted to wish you good luck with this,bound to be a long term fixture,would give my support if i hadnt moved to kildare and had another baby. but if u need anything give me ashout...:D

karynp wrote: »
    Hey 6th, just wanted to wish you good luck with this,bound to be a long term fixture,would give my support if i hadnt moved to kildare and had another baby. but if u need anything give me ashout...:D

Thanks karyn, it went really well. Last night was really just a chance to meet and chat and there was a good turn out with 9 people. Few folk missing but it was an awful night out so hopefully we'll get a full compliment next week.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 343 ✭✭karynp

Thanks karyn, it went really well. Last night was really just a chance to meet and chat and there was a good turn out with 9 people. Few folk missing but it was an awful night out so hopefully we'll get a full compliment next week.

Ah thats brilliant,once the intention is good it always falls into place,i hope those attending realise they are lucky to have your assistance,not everybody can portray there message to others but i do believe you are coming from a good place with objectivity and having wide interests inthis field coupled with an open mind is a great place to start. The numbers of folk attending may chop and change for a while but the end result will be fab.Well done!!

• Registered Users Posts: 16 karmafi

only just seeing this thread now and although i def wouldnt be able to make it as im living in carlow:(- i want to wish ye all the best with it :D!!

karmafi wrote: »
    only just seeing this thread now and although i def wouldnt be able to make it as im living in carlow:(- i want to wish ye all the best with it :D!!

Thanks for that.

You should check this out: http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055457482

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 label

Hi there 6th, just saw this now! Have you started already? I'd love join...Really enjoyed it last time.

Yeah we started in 2 weeks ago but you know how it works ;)

Drop me a mail if you're free to come this thursday.

Yeah we started in 2 weeks ago but you know how it works ;)

Drop me a mail if you're free to come this thursday.

Hey there - real sorry I haven't been in contact to say that I was unanavailble the last two Thursdays. The first Thursday was a nightmare of a night and was planning on going and then half way there - I jumped in cab! And last Thursday I was just sick - plain old fashioned miserable and not concentrating. Apologies again. However in advance of tomorrow - I cannot attend as I have to go to a funeral however going forward I really would like to attend. I hope this is ok?

Thats grand, as I said from the start its all relaxed and casual.

Advertisement