Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Storage facility in small back garden

Options
  • 13-11-2008 1:37pm
    Registered Users Posts: 887 ✭✭✭

Can anybody recommend an easy way to store items in a small back garden in a terraced house. It would be impossible to put a garden shed in place. Just need something to store power hose, garden implements. Doors of house would be too small to bring large item through to back garden. I thought of a coal bunker but it would want to be dismantled to get it through house.

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 21,470 ✭✭✭✭Alun

You can get these kinds of things in most big DIY stores.

http://tinyurl.com/5k97hp

• Registered Users Posts: 2,376 ✭✭✭jack of all

Some of the smaller garden sheds (6x4 or so) would fit through an average domestic door opening. These sheds are delivered in sections for ease of handling and erection.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,257 ✭✭✭Pete67

A small wooden garden shed should be possible - they are delivered in the form of pre-fabricated panels (walls, floor and roof) which are assembled on site. Panels for a 4 x 6 ft or similar size shed would probably fit through the house. Ring some of the suppliers and check.

• Registered Users Posts: 887 ✭✭✭suitseir

Thanks for all the replies. I will look into the garden shed one.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24 brundlefly

as long as you keep the shed to 6ft wide there would be no problem for any company to get it through the house ...the legnth of the walls should not matter as they rarely go above 6ft high .
    if there are any sharp turns in the house there may be problems unless you ask the company to split the panels ..ie :10ft could be cut to 2 5ft sections and reassembled in situe with a sealer on the joins.(check this join before they leave though )
    the gable ends can be turned onto the side and will fit through any 6ft6 high door.
    the best way to check if the longer shed walls will fit through is to carry a long ladder through ..if that goes with no problems then bobs yer uncle!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,167 ✭✭✭gsxr1

B&Q do a 6'x4' shed. self assembly.

was around 160euro.

simple to build. All the bits you need are there.

I got mine through the house.

Advertisement