Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Video Calls with O2

• 13-11-2008 1:38pm
    Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 5,175 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Is it possible to make a video call on the O2 network?

I've tried it but I keep getting a message saying Video Call Not Supported by Network!

I've seen it working on a Meteor phone and that just pisses me off!!!!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,208 ✭✭✭✭aidan_walsh

Phone? Prepay or bill? In a 3G area?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,611 ✭✭✭✭Sam Vimes

video calls don't work on o2

well they used to not work anyway. tey might have introduced it recently

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 5,175 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr Moon

Phone is an E66, prepay, and there is a 3G sign under the signal bar!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,016 ✭✭✭metalfest

well meteor are that great:D:D:D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 800 ✭✭✭faigs

How much do video calls cost with Vodafone? I can't find it on their website!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,611 ✭✭✭✭Sam Vimes

faigs wrote: »
    How much do video calls cost with Vodafone? I can't find it on their website!

the same as regular calls

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 721 ✭✭✭mk6705

metalfest wrote: »
    well meteor are that great:D:D:D:D

Correct. :D.
    To be honest though, Vodafone sort of over-hyped video calls and they've lost alot of the commercial value they could have had. If you're really desperate you can port to 3, Meteor or Vodafone. :D

I only came off Meteor a while ago!! :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 721 ✭✭✭mk6705

Mr Moon wrote: »
    I only came off Meteor a while ago!! :(

Why would you even consider doing such a thing? :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,570 ✭✭✭rebel.ranter

They decided to ignore it in favour of pursuing other more worthwhile projects. Initially I was peed off but is Video calling that great anyway?
    The first time I saw it demoed by a friend was on Vodafone, recently I saw it demoed on Meteor by same two peole years later.

Wouldn't be bothers with it now....

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,661 Mod ✭✭✭✭helimachoptor

02 do support video calls, you will need to be provisioned for this service, the name of the SOC escapes me at the moment, but it is possible and I made many many video calls during their network swapout.

Adro947 wrote: »
    Why would you even consider doing such a thing? :p

I wasn't getting signal in places I needed it!! And then O2 came out first with the free texts to all networks, so I jumped ship!!
    02 do support video calls, you will need to be provisioned for this service, the name of the SOC escapes me at the moment, but it is possible and I made many many video calls during their network swapout.

So your telling me there's a chance??

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,566 ✭✭✭Gillo

Don't remember seeing a SOC for it, maybe there's one there from when video calling first came out and they were testing it, but no they don't support it.

My own opinion but don't really see the point of them, afterall it;s a tine display.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,661 Mod ✭✭✭✭helimachoptor

Mr Moon wrote: »
    I wasn't getting signal in places I needed it!! And then O2 came out first with the free texts to all networks, so I jumped ship!!

So your telling me there's a chance??

Yep it does work, Its whether o2 will allow you to make the call.

Give customer care a shout.

Advertisement