Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Recycling

• 13-11-2008 2:07pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,677 ✭✭✭

I was wondeirng is it possible to recycle aerosal deodrant cans and the deodrant roll ons when they're finished?

Would the cans be considered tin, despite the plastic on top? :confused::confused:

And also, can orange and lemon peels be put into the brown bin? I've been told that worms can't digest and decompose these peels 'cause the scent is too strong? Is this true?

Sorry if this has been asked before in a previous thread, I could not find anything related to it.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,104 ✭✭✭Oldtree

In the castlebar dump recycling area they recycle aerosal deodrant cans seperatly from Tin, You would have to ask your bin company to see if they would sort this seperatly. I think deodrant roll ons are recyk depending on the type of plastic used. HDPE and PE are the only two types done at the dump.

can orange and lemon peels be put into the brown bin? I would think so, as organic matter they would break down anyway. I have put both into my compost heap and they have disappeared.

Advertisement