Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pixmania - what a joke

Options
  • 13-11-2008 2:26pm
    Registered Users Posts: 353 ✭✭

Will keep this short and sweet - just looking for advice and to hear similar experiences

In April I ordered a camera and a few bits and bobs (and took out the pixmania ZEN engagement) meaning I am covered in case of problems

Recently the camera has broke, just won't turn on at all.

I went about returning it they sent me several emails including my returns number etc etc etc

Within one of the emails it said that I had to return the camera WITH accessories, then in another email there was a contradiction saying they needed JUST the product - NO ACCESSORIES

After posting JUST the camera at MY expensive (11 euro's) I waited 3 and a half weeks then got it back. They didn't repair it, instead, they simply included a page in french indicating that it was missing "parts" and they would not repair it without them.

After several emails back and forth i'm at the end of my tether, the only replies I'm getting are this:

"Thank you for your e-mail.

I apologise for the inconvenience caused.

Further to your e-mail, you will need the Red Casio Exilim Zoom EX-Z77 with all accessories provided: NP-20 battery, charger, USB cable, A/V cable, strap, CD-ROM

If you have any further questions, please do not hesitate to contact us.

Best regards,
    Team Pixmania"

I have now requested that I am to put put onto the customer services manager or equivalent as I am sick to death with this.

Do I have any options here?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,487 ✭✭✭Mountjoy Mugger

Do I have any options here?

You could send back the Red Casio Exilim Zoom EX-Z77 with all accessories provided: NP-20 battery, charger, USB cable, A/V cable, strap, CD-ROM. and see if that helps.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,075 ✭✭✭✭ejmaztec

You could send back the Red Casio Exilim Zoom EX-Z77 with all accessories provided: NP-20 battery, charger, USB cable, A/V cable, strap, CD-ROM. and see if that helps.

"If I can help somebody as I pass along, then my living shall not be in vain" :P

• Registered Users Posts: 4,487 ✭✭✭Mountjoy Mugger

ejmaztec wrote: »
    "If I can help somebody as I pass along, then my living shall not be in vain" :P

:p

To be honest, it is an option for the OP to try. As was stated, conflicting mails were sent, but the policy does seem to be that all packaging / contents should have been returned. It's much the same if you're looking for a replacement from a physical shop - you bring everything back.

This should be a no-brainer.

:p

To be honest, it is an option for the OP to try. As was stated, conflicting mails were sent, but the policy does seem to be that all packaging / contents should have been returned. It's much the same if you're looking for a replacement from a physical shop - you bring everything back.

This should be a no-brainer.

Too true. :) Without all of the stuff, Pixmania won't get a credit if they had to send it back, and I would imagine that without all of the packaging paraphernalia, Casio wouldn't know where the quality control fault is, should that prove to be the case.

• Registered Users Posts: 353 ✭✭eezarthegreat

You know what's funny Mountjoy mugger?

It's people like you that are a waste of space in Dublin, full of cheeky, sly remarks, nothing else

"You could send back the Red Casio Exilim Zoom EX-Z77 with all accessories provided: NP-20 battery, charger, USB cable, A/V cable, strap, CD-ROM. and see if that helps."

Remarks like that are useless and a complete waste of time

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,748 ✭✭✭tony1kenobi

It's people like you that are a waste of space in Dublin, full of cheeky, sly remarks, nothing else

"You could send back the Red Casio Exilim Zoom EX-Z77 with all accessories provided: NP-20 battery, charger, USB cable, A/V cable, strap, CD-ROM. and see if that helps."

It sounded like the right advice to me. The OP got 2 conflicting emails and rather than send everything back sent only 1 part back. The quickest and easiest solution is to send back what they need, get the repair/replacement done and close the book on it.

Otherwise the OP can take issue with the fact that the email direction he followed was wrong and the issue will drag on and on.

Agreed though that the advice was delivered in what could be read as a smart arsed manner.

• Registered Users Posts: 37,301 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

Within one of the emails it said that I had to return the camera WITH accessories, then in another email there was a contradiction saying they needed JUST the product - NO ACCESSORIES
    Which email did you get 2nd? If it was the "no accessories" email, then reply to them, with the second email, and ask them what's the story, and will they make up their mind. If, however, the "no accessories" was the 1st email, then the email "with accessories" can be seen as the replacement.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,862 ✭✭✭✭inforfun

Recently the camera has broke, just won't turn on at all.

Seeing your camera will not turn on, i dont think it is a bad idea to send in the battery pack np20. It could be the battery that is at fault.
    And while you are at it, send everything else as well.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 162 ✭✭solace

Eugh... after reading several horror stories, I NEARLY didn't go with Pixmania. However, heard a few good stories too so ordered my new Samsung from them. Got a call to verify my card details. Didn't have them on me (it's my girlfriend's card) so your one said she'd send an email. Email received, "please call 08whatever to verify your card". I do so. We're sorry sir, we cannot deal with verification here, please contact the person who emailed you. I have done. Several times. Nothing. ****'S SAKE :(

solace wrote: »
    Eugh... after reading several horror stories, I NEARLY didn't go with Pixmania. However, heard a few good stories too so ordered my new Samsung from them. Got a call to verify my card details. Didn't have them on me (it's my girlfriend's card) so your one said she'd send an email. Email received, "please call 08whatever to verify your card". I do so. We're sorry sir, we cannot deal with verification here, please contact the person who emailed you. I have done. Several times. Nothing. ****'S SAKE :(

If you're using your girlfriend's card I'm not surprised there are complications. Was the order in her name or yours?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 39,358 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

Within one of the emails it said that I had to return the camera WITH accessories,

After posting JUST the camera at MY expensive, they simply included a page in french indicating that it was missing "parts" and they would not repair it without them.

OP follow instructions in future. If there is a conflict, get clarification OR is possible carry out the action that covers both, ie send all (wgich over laps the send camera alone)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 162 ✭✭solace

ejmaztec wrote: »
    If you're using your girlfriend's card I'm not surprised there are complications. Was the order in her name or yours?

Her name. Her address. Everything. Even her home number. My mobile number's the only thing that's NOT hers. Sigh.

the_syco wrote: »
    Which email did you get 2nd? If it was the "no accessories" email, then reply to them, with the second email, and ask them what's the story, and will they make up their mind. If, however, the "no accessories" was the 1st email, then the email "with accessories" can be seen as the replacement.

Got them both at the same time actually....

solace wrote: »
    Her name. Her address. Everything. Even her home number. My mobile number's the only thing that's NOT hers. Sigh.

They probably thought that your girlfriend's voice was too deep :eek: to match the credit card when they phoned you, so gave up on the transaction.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,713 ✭✭✭✭jor el

I would have said it was a perfectly valid comment, in fact, it answers your question perfectly. You were asked to send everything back, and given a conflicting request to send just the camera. You should have contacted Pixmania for clarification, or sent everything. You chose not to, which is your own fault. They have now clarified that you must send everything, which is your only option. This thread is pointless and a waste of time.

What has Dublin got to do with anything? What if he lives in Galway?

jor el wrote: »
    I would have said it was a perfectly valid comment, in fact, it answers your question perfectly. You were asked to send everything back, and given a conflicting request to send just the camera. You should have contacted Pixmania for clarification, or sent everything. You chose not to, which is your own fault. They have now clarified that you must send everything, which is your only option. This thread is pointless and a waste of time.

What has Dublin got to do with anything? What if he lives in Galway?

You're right, it was my own fault, and i regret posting here also due to (aside from a few people) general smart ass remarks

If this thread in your opinion, is a waste of time then i'm glad I wasted yours ;)

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 39,417 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

you can avoid all this hassle OP.
    it sounds like a battery problem, very common in casio camera's.

i bought mine in pixmania last year, camera wouldnt turn on after a few months so i rang casio ireland. gave them the seriel code and date of purchase and they sent out a replacement batter within 10 days.

all fixed then.

kceire wrote: »
    you can avoid all this hassle OP.
    it sounds like a battery problem, very common in casio camera's.

i bought mine in pixmania last year, camera wouldnt turn on after a few months so i rang casio ireland. gave them the seriel code and date of purchase and they sent out a replacement batter within 10 days.

all fixed then.

Thank you kceire,

finally some decent help :)

Will try

• Registered Users Posts: 2,267 ✭✭✭concussion

If there's problem with a product under warranty there's usually a policy that the seller will deal with the customer immediately (ie send out a new one) and be reimbursed by the manufacturer after. Thats why they need everything back. They don't know what's wrong with it - if the camera's fine but the battery's faulty they can just swap out the battery....assuming they received it from the customer.

Incidentally, I ordered a media centre hard drive from Pixmania, it arrived from France exactly a week later with no hassle (and I didn't pay for expedited shipping either)

Advertisement