Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Looking for a Guild that suits me.

Options
  • 13-11-2008 2:35pm
    Registered Users Posts: 13,762 ✭✭✭✭

Hey,

Just decided to get back into the game after 18months off. I was in a Naxx guild pre TBC, who were also very progressive in TBC and have cleared 6/6 SWP (to give perspective), though I personally have been gone since about 6 months into TBC.

I can no longer commit the time it takes to be in a cutting edge raid guild, which obviously is why I quit 18 months ago :) I do not however like playing with nubs and 13yos. I am looking for an adult guild, which raids twice a week, preferably later on in the night (9pm say) and comprises of other parents (or understanding folk) like myself who may have to drop everything at the drop of a hat if one of the kids falls out of bed or whatever, and can't give the game the 30+ hours a week it requires to be hardcore :D

Anyone know of such a guild on any of ye're servers?

Tnx,

Inq

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,717 ✭✭✭Nehaxak

Hey, yep there's plenty of guilds like that on Draenor server, Horde side at least anyway.

Have a look at the realm forums and maybe login with an alt and chat with some of the guild officers/leaders of guilds you might be interested in beforehand.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,285 ✭✭✭TheHairyFairy

The Irish Guard may suit your needs. Whisper Badvóc on Terenas or any of the other members. They raid regularly, however I'm not sure to what level.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,810 ✭✭✭DRakE

Not Outland

Better mention as well that there was a 2 hour+ queue on Dreanor last night :(

• Registered Users Posts: 9,046 ✭✭✭Dustaz

DRakE wrote: »
    Not Outland
    Not Outland.

• Advertisement

Queue's are so bad on Draenor that Blizzard opened free migration.

Am logging in 4 accounts at the moment (2 are mine, 1 the missus, 1 my sons) and will then be in process of transferring all of our characters from Draenor to the new realm, Chamber of Aspects.

Really sick of having to wait ages just to login and level up the DK. Got it to lvl 65 yesterday and just itching to get going again once the transfer goes through ! :)

Shame we'll lose the Guild bank and it's 4 slots, will take ages now to organise all the mats from the guild bank between characters before the transfers.

So anyway, yeah, don't bother going Draenor, it's way too overpopulated.

EDIT: All done, all moved now at this stage and managed to also sell the Guild and it's bank (with nowt in it) for 1,000g before I left :) which was a nice bonus.

• Registered Users Posts: 6 Fletcher144

Abomination are currently recruiting on Dunemaul EU. We have experienced full clearings of all instances up to and including BT, pre attunement removal and patch nerfs! Recruitment opened once again 4 days ago and we almost have the build to run 10 mans once 80 is reached by all. We are currently guild running all instances for all members above 70. This enables us to gear up and learn each others playing styles, strengths, weaknesses, awareness and decision making skills in new unexplored instances.
    We use ventrilo voice communication and have more than 1 Irish member in the guild
    We will be raiding 3 evenings a week, the evenings will be specified depending on members requirements once we are ready, in order to accomodate both hardcore progress and our members social lives ( and mine! ).
    We are currently recruiting Locks, mages, pally dps(and a healer) and shamangs!
    Reply within this topic, whisper me ingame, or fill out the recruitment form on www.abomination.site40.net
    sorry i have been posting these ona few forums so i just copied it in here to give you some info on what we are up to in this guild :D
    would be happy to have you come and join us, we have mature members some of whom have kids and wives etc so same situations, raiding will be 3 evenings a week , undecided which yet (gotta wait for all to be 80 ;) )
    so ya just contact me if your interested (falanticus ingame on dunemaul, or just go to the forum, it was set up a few days ago)

we will eventually do 25man end game instances, this is the main objective.
    and there is NEVER any queue on the server , which is lovely , my old server twilight hammer is on about 2 hours at the moment!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,668 ✭✭✭String

The Irish Guard may suit your needs. Whisper Badvóc on Terenas or any of the other members. They raid regularly, however I'm not sure to what level.

Is irish guard s casual guild? Thinking transferring my death knight off magtheridon with all the kungen lovers overcrowding the server. Most of the guilds on mag are hardcore 7days a week, no casuals.

• Registered Users Posts: 6 Fletcher144

Forgot to mention, myself and the other guild master are Irish, from Waterford :) we have a nice build for 10 mans now, doing violet hold already and pounding it :D

Advertisement