Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

Fixtures/Results on Website....Suggestions?

• 13-11-2008 2:48pm
    Registered Users Posts: 182 ✭✭

Hi,

I am trying to find a good way to manage fixtures/results on a joomla based web page I have created for my club.

It does not necessarily have to be a joomla extension, but any good suggestions to show upcoming fixtures.

Ideally I would like them all to be stored in the same format, and then certain data extracted onto certain areas of the website based on team/sports/ages etc.

Alterntively to have them all in 1 place with a good filtering option would be fine.

All help greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,257 ✭✭✭✭Eoin

Shouldn't take too long to code (I did it in ASP for my club years and years ago), but there does seem to be an extension for it:
    http://extensions.joomla.org/component/option,com_mtree/task,viewlink/link_id,5718/Itemid,35/

• Registered Users Posts: 182 ✭✭fugee

Hi

I do not know asp. I did try that xtension but it was totally americanised and beta version. Should be ok in a while.

Thanks for your reply though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,257 ✭✭✭✭Eoin

If you know PHP or another scripting language it would be a very quick thing to do up.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,866 ✭✭✭Adam

even editing the above extension shouldn't be too much trouble, to localise it. there are several options, but to do it yourself without an extension will take a bit of time if you have no coding experience.

Advertisement