Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

NOOB Looking for help - lvl 25 Human Priest

Options
  • 13-11-2008 3:13pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,339 ✭✭✭

Hey lads, played wow about 2yrs ago for a month (got a lvl 35orc rogue)but didnt do much or get far and then never really plyed it again for several reasons,(****e pc, got an xbox lol)

but started playin again recently with my mates theres 6 of us in total, i posted already on this. anyways im thinking the server we're on is crap cause theres not much happneing in it like nobody seems to be around at any time i go on!

last nite we went over to The barrens to pvp/gank/havea laugh with teh enemy.... after takin aages to get thre travelin and walking gettin by the tauren guards at warsong gulch eventually rezzing oursevles in the xroads... there we we only met by 2 yes TWO of lvl 16/17 enemies who werent any use so we travelled right upto the doors of Orgrimmar by that other camp is ti razor hill and still didnt see anyone. nowi rememebr from 2years ago that that is usually a very bsuy area akin to westfall in eastern kingdoms.. but there was nobody to fight after 2 hours of pssin around we only saw 2 playesr was so annoying!

how do i check how many players are on the server?
    also im lvl 25 pries and ive been putting all my talent points into the holy and discipline tabs, ill purely be healing is there any advice like what sklls to use or where to put my points so i dont waste them if im just gonna be pure healer.

grp of 5 is

priest- me
    warrior
    paladin
    rogue
    warlock

is tht a good grouping?

ps
    sry about all the questions haha but im sure you'll enjoy helping me just even to talk WoW is addictive haha

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,911 ✭✭✭nix

Ummmm you went into ogrimmar? or near to it? Its possible most people were in outland or northrend :P

Also regarding your specc, are you pvp healing or pve healing?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,339 ✭✭✭me-skywalker

nix wrote: »
    Ummmm you went into ogrimmar? or near to it? Its possible most people were in outland or northrend :P

Also regarding your specc, are you pvp healing or pve healing?

went close to it since them all being lvl 60's guards and us 3 were all lvl25/26 haha... ah but they couldnt have been in northrend because it wasnt released yet. i did say last nite but meant nite b4. how do we get to outland from stormwind?

ill be pve healing - just went pvp'ing for the laugh.

hwo do check how many are on the server?

For your talent build go with something like:

http://www.worldofwarcraft.com/info/classes/priest/talents.html?tal=000000000000000000000000000023405103030015053005331301000000000000000000000000000

Not sure how to check how many are on your server, go to the relm list and it will tell you if low/medium/high population.

Also i wouldn't advise going to ogrimmar at your level, rape would be the outcome.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,236 ✭✭✭AL][EN

afaik

if you type /who into the chat pane it will tell you how many players are in your area. But im pretty sure that only tells you the players in your faction that are in a Zone. I dont know if there is a way to tell if there are emeny players hanging around a zone.

If you google server populations for wow you i think i remember seeing a site that tells you the % ratio per server of Horde Vs Alliance and how many from each were online at any one time.

You wont be able to get anywhere near outland at level 25. You get there through the dark portal its in the blasted lands in the eastern kingdoms

http://wow.allakhazam.com/db/zone.html?wzone=22

But you wont get anywhere near the dark portal at level 25 there are high level deamon mobs guarding the dark portal and even if you do get past them the first set of creatures you meet on the other side of the dark portal in outland are 60+

i agree with Nix too stay the heck away from ogrimmar for as long as you can until your at least 55+ or you'll be the one getting ganked by a 70+ player

ha ha cheers... yea ill defo cehck out the server ratios cause this server is only 2weeks old and just doesnt seem to be much going on... i knwo im only lvl 25 but i remember all the time ppl looking for groups of lookin for help with quests or you lookin for help and getting it and the capital cities usual busy enough but this is slwo any recommendations for servers? preferably with irish ppl?
    'AL wrote:
    [EN;57892596'] i agree with Nix too stay the heck away from ogrimmar for as long as you can until your at least 55+ or you'll be the one getting ganked by a 70+ player

hahahahha i might be relativly new im not crazy stupid i know we'ld get our @sses kicked in orgrimmar but we would be looking for lads our lvl in them area's.. was fun tho cause i fell off the side of the cliff into razor hill(stupid) and got stuck kept getting killed by magic appearing gurad... thenwe went to war with ratchet haha was great fun!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,810 ✭✭✭DRakE

pve or pvp healing? he's level 25 :|

Yeah but i set him up for a good few levels to go :) I would have made him a full disc build if he had said pvp.. :P

cheers lads appreciate the input greatly... much differnt than being a rogue! but thought ild try the healing standin back admiring the carnage while aslo dealing out some punishment.. bit like the medic classes in battlefield!

is there any point me learning the shawdow skills from the trainer? maybe just keep ranking up the dot skills? or is it a waste of time and money or will i have so much time and money that i might as well learn them cause i might change my type or for if im soloing? hmmm.... thats my inexperience summed up there but hey im learning quickly!

Hey lads.. been focusing more on disc tree tbh have only spen 4 points in holy and the rest in dics...

Any tips on earning some coin? im now lvl 30 and want a mount but costs 25 big ones!!! ive only got 8 haha.. my pro's are herb/alch.. is there any areas to get items such as silk cloth to seel in AH or herbs that sell for alot? i want that horse haha

Advertisement