Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

o2 receiving texts

• 13-11-2008 3:20pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,518 ✭✭✭

Hey, is anyone else having problems receiving some texts on O2. I've noticed over the last few days it can sometimes take up to 3 or 4 hours before I receive some texts?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,748 ✭✭✭tony1kenobi

Maybe. I haven't received any today. How can I find out if someone sent me one?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,080 ✭✭✭✭Random

Ask the people who normally text you if they have text you. Ring them of course to ask.. don't text them ;) You can also ask customer care who can see if you have any SMS in the queue. 1747 from your phone but better to ring 1850 601747 from another phone as they will probably ask you to power on / off your phone.

You could try turning your phone off and on again to refresh yourself on the network. Usually then your texts will come flooding through. This shouldn't be required though on a regular basis so firstly ring customer care, then try replace the SIM and then look at possibly phone problems (assuming your coverage is ok).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,213 ✭✭✭culabula

Or send ##21# to shake up the HLR

• Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 19,124 Mod ✭✭✭✭byte
    byte

culabula wrote: »
    That seems to cancel diverts.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,080 ✭✭✭✭Random

culabula wrote: »
    Do elaborate? Doesn't that cancel all diverts or something?

++ edit - typed waaaay too slowly .. byte bet me to it.

• Advertisement
Advertisement