Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bulgarian Dreams

Options
  • 13-11-2008 3:33pm
    Registered Users Posts: 10

I have bought an apartment in Pamporovo from this crowd.Paid up 8 months ago and have yet to see my deeds.The development is called Cedar Heights 3.Anyone having similar problems?:mad:

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 439 ✭✭Emerald Lass

sorry to hear of your troubles. Bulgaria in general is not a good investment spot - many problems. As I do not deal with Bulgaria, I'm afraid I can't offer much help other than to advise you to visit some of the property forums such as totallyproperty.com - someone there may be able to help. there are also groups on there who have issues with particular developers - you may find someone in a similar situation to yourself.

Good luck

• Registered Users Posts: 2,284 ✭✭✭wyndham

What does the solicitor acting on your behalf say?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26 OverseasCafe

deshoon wrote: »
    I have bought an apartment in Pamporovo from this crowd.Paid up 8 months ago and have yet to see my deeds.The development is called Cedar Heights 3.Anyone having similar problems?

You might find the details at this blog helpful in your dealings with Bulgarian Dreams. You are far from the only client who has been experiencing problems with them.

Bulgarian Dreams featured on BBC's Watchdog last night. Not good. There's a link to the programme and a few blogs/articles here.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,846 ✭✭✭✭eth0_

Yes they've ceased trading, and the Englishman (I think) who ran it has apparently fled with the money.

• Advertisement
  • Hosted Moderators Posts: 10,661 ✭✭✭✭John Mason

this company were all over watchdog on monday night

i think your money is gone, you should check out their website. the developer seems to have done a runner with all the money

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 Duffymoon

Hi. I wondered if you watched the BBC Watchdog show last night? It was about the Windows to Paradise complex (sadly I purchased an apartment here) and the fraud committed by Rob Jenkins.... Please log on to and let me know if you have any suggestions: http://www.bbc.co.uk/blogs/watchdog/2009/02/the_bulgarian_dreams_nightmare.html

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,713 ✭✭✭✭jor el

Practically every comment on that blog is awaiting moderation, or referred to the moderators. I guess there's a lot of "shower of bastards" stuff on it. Looks like everyone's money is long gone too.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,497 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

jor el wrote: »
    Practically every comment on that blog is awaiting moderation, or referred to the moderators. I guess there's a lot of "shower of bastards" stuff on it. Looks like everyone's money is long gone too.

Agreed, looks like alot of ****ed off people posting on that site, doesn't look good for the op hope you didn't pay too much :(

I pitty the poor feckers in that video also, I'm right in assuming no EU law is going to really help here?

A friend of mine worked for an Irish developer who lost millions in Bulgaria last year too. His company got none of their money back, so I'd doubt an individual has a hope, if they're in a similar situation.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,393 ✭✭✭Climate Expert

You're investing tens of thousands in a banana republic, what do you expect?

You're investing tens of thousands in a banana republic, what do you expect?

Sorry, are we back to Ireland again? :pac:

I think people lost the run of themselves in overseas property, and it just didn't work out, for a multitude of reasons. No infrastructure, corrupt developers, etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,842 ✭✭✭Billy Bunting

Watchdog has done an update on the Bulgarian Dreams story, you'll find details of it here.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 Mr-Livy

Hi

I feel it is important to give people some feedback to a Seminar I attended on Sat 21st Feb 09 with 23 other Bulgarian Dreams purchasers and a firm of solicitors called The International Law Partnership LLP based in London.

This was following information posted on the BBC Watchdog website and advice given by the AIPP.

Just to make things clear this post is advice only. I am a purchaser in Phase 3 of The Orchard who is at a loss as to what to do next following Bulgarian Dreams collapse. I am not an agent/promoter or legal representative but just an individual that has invested a large sum of money that seemingly has been lost or so I thought.

I found this seminar both enlightening and concerning but ultimately has given me some hope that I may be able to persue legal proceedings against either the now defunct Bulgarian Dreams or their associated Building Developers.

There was a turnout of 23 people plus a further 13 that couldn't attend all of which have invested in Bulgarian Dreams Developments throughout Bulgaria including The Orchard, Bansko like myself.

Mr John Howell (Senior Partner) and Ms Lyubov Jones (Bulgarian Solicitor) held this seminar at their offices in London and are going to act on our behalf as a collective in the first instance and then as individual groups following their initial findings in 6 weeks.

They have asked each person attending to post on as many relevant websites/forums that we use to get other owners in a similar situation to contact them and to instruct them to act on their behalf.

There is a fee but this will reduced the more people that instruct them.

If you are in a similar situation as me whether it be Phase 1 full payment made awaiting Act 15 or initial deposit on an apartment in Phase 3 there is still hope and options but you must act quickly.

There is too much to explain from yesterdays meeting to put in this post surfice to say the longer we sit on our hands and hope for the best the worse it will get.

I hope this helps in some way.

Good Luck

Mark

The International Law Partnership LLP contact emails are

Mr John Howell pe@lawoverseas.com
    Ms Lyubov Jones lmj@lawoverseas.com
    Hanneri Swanepoel hsw@lawoverseas.com

Website www.lawoverseas.com

Advertisement