Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Wheres good for mens clothes in the city centre?

Options
  • 13-11-2008 4:23pm
    Registered Users Posts: 561 ✭✭✭

Cork just seems to have about 8 womens clothes shops to every 1 mens shop. I'm not after suits or anything like that i'm just looking for nice tops, jeans, jackets, shoes etc. Is there a Next in the city i know there is one in Mahon Point?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,541 ✭✭✭Heisenberg.

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 751 ✭✭✭Colonel_McCoy

and guineys!!! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 12,778 ✭✭✭✭Kold

There's also that place in the Savoy if you're after overpriced crap. An H&M is desperately needed.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 259 ✭✭life_is_music

Cork is terrible for Mens clothes.
    City Centre there's:
    Upstairs in Debenhams, J&J, Riverland, GQ, Quills, BT Menswear, Penneys, Dunnes, Saville, TKMaxx, Tubes & Prime Time.

how is that terrible?? I've never had any problem finding clothes in Cork anyway!!!

Riverland???

• Closed Accounts Posts: 62 ✭✭GrayD

Its pretty aweful because in a small selection you have:

a small selection of shops,
    most stuff is waaaay overprices for the quality of it,
    the cheap stuff is just that... cheap..
    So you're left with J&J and River Island... they have some nice stuff as long as your annorexic... As an average size but tall guy I manage to squeeze myself into their XL's (sometimes).

And of course the fact that every time J&J in a new top or something every sham in Cork is wearing it too.

Recently been in Galway, considering its much smaller area theres nearly a better choice. No laods of big stores but at least Topman and River Island and stuff have a proper shop.

Pity actually Pull and Bear clsoed down, they had grand tops and stuff for good price.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,055 ✭✭✭suppafly

yeah there's not really a whole lot of choice and the shops there are that have good stuff is way to expensive. My brother goes over to the US about once a yr and myself every 2nd so i wait to buy a bunch of stuff over there. way cheaper and better selection. Failing traveling over American eagle website sends to ireland and they have good stuff. Even factoring in the customs u get caught for sometimes its still much better and cheaper
    how is that terrible?? I've never had any problem finding clothes in Cork anyway!!!

Riverland???

he's mean River Island

• Closed Accounts Posts: 879 ✭✭✭flo8s967qjh0nd

The quality of mens clothes in Cork is desperate. The variety is especially bad. I don't know who buys this ****e for stores...its universally bad and boring.

--- I thought my original post was a bit unhelpful, so I can suggest Debenhams (topman,etc) and Zara (mahon point) as places you MAY find something half decent.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 422 ✭✭RAFC

Debenhams - mens dept upstairs. 25% off until Friday open till 12 while sale is on

• Registered Users Posts: 986 ✭✭✭Bill-e

RAFC wrote: »
    Debenhams - mens dept upstairs. 25% off until Friday open till 12 while sale is on
    Cheers, I like the way they lay out that store. And they don't have loads of shop assistants to pi$$ me off while I'll wandering around.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 174 ✭✭Creeping-Death

GrayD wrote: »
    Its pretty aweful because in a small selection you have:

a small selection of shops,
    most stuff is waaaay overprices for the quality of it,
    the cheap stuff is just that... cheap..
    So you're left with J&J and River Island... they have some nice stuff as long as your annorexic... As an average size but tall guy I manage to squeeze myself into their XL's (sometimes).

And of course the fact that every time J&J in a new top or something every sham in Cork is wearing it too.

Recently been in Galway, considering its much smaller area theres nearly a better choice. No laods of big stores but at least Topman and River Island and stuff have a proper shop.

Pity actually Pull and Bear clsoed down, they had grand tops and stuff for good price.

aye they dont do to well for outfitting 6 foot 5, 110kg rugby players. Then again the only place that does big mans clothes is Murphy's on St.Patricks St.
    Cork is awful for decent mens clothes really, penneys and dunnes are grand but after a bit of wear and washing they're wrecked..

• Advertisement
Advertisement