Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Social Housing Exemption Certificates

• 12-11-2008 1:20am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5,433 ✭✭✭

With regard to Social Housing Exemption certificates - and Dublin City Council

If you apply for permission for a house - and SHEC ..... Say you get the SHEC but house is refused - planner not happy with aspects of design .

So you re submit an altered design . With granted SHEC

They will invalidate .

You must re apply for a new SHEC , new OS map , new stat dec . On the application form you must acknowledge the granted SHEC ....

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,433 ✭✭✭sinnerboy

Looking to compare experiences

• Subscribers Posts: 41,915 ✭✭✭✭sydthebeat

are you referring to Part 5 exemption certs??

If so....

In Laois:

1. the application for the exemption cert can be made alongside the planning application
    2. once the development is for 4 houses and on a site of 0.2 Ha its always granted, in my experience.
    3. sometimes exemption certs are granted for developments of 4 houses or less on more than 0.2 ha.. but this is open for consultation and up to the planners to decide.

Yes Syd .

the situation around the Dublin area LA's is the same as you describe it .

Up untill recently if a SHEC was granted for example

for

Joe Blogs
    no 22 Suburban Street
    Dublin XX
    for 3 bed house

But the planning application failed - ( scale / style )

You could submit another application , same client , same site , same essential concept - 3 bed house - with the granted SHEC

Not any more . New SHEC application must be made

• Subscribers Posts: 41,915 ✭✭✭✭sydthebeat

I have had experience of this in laois as lately as 6 weeks ago... and theres was no issue regarding applying for another cert.

In this case the initial cert wasnt processed/produced before the decision... so when i made the second application i simply referred to the first one.... no problems with validation, and so far, no problems with application.....

i cannot see why it makes a difference unless there is a change in the number dwellings applied for.....
    more bureaucratic little hitlers trying to justify their existance....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,546 ✭✭✭✭Poor Uncle Tom

Have you been told this specifically? it doesn't seem to make sense. If an exemption cert is valid then it should be capable of being used. I thought the planning application forms asked if it applied, had an exemption cert been applied for, and if so reference details, but maybe I'm wrong.

• Advertisement

Syd , Tom - the process used to work as you understand it . The SHEC cert stood in it's own right i.e. for
    • a person
    • on a site
    • for a description of development.

And previously if making a subsequent application with same client same site and essentially same development - you could include the granted SHEC .

So imagine my dismay to recive an invaliadtion - new SHEC application to be made - which in the application form - must make reference to the existing one

New advert , site notice , os maps , prints - for fresh planning application

New os map , new stat dec - for SHEC

I am more and more convinced that these guys are generating a - for them - paid workload - for us an unpaid workload and in the process frustrating the remaining flow of activity in the real economy

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,489 ✭✭✭No6

sinnerboy wrote: »
    I am more and more convinced that these guys are generating a - for them - paid workload - for us an unpaid workload and in the process frustrating the remaining flow of activity in the real economy

I'm inclined to agree with you there sinnerboy, but its on all aspects of our dealings with the Local authority, In Mayo the amount of Further information requested has gone from one or two items to a list a mile long, ok there is a new (totally messed up) Development Plan but to my mind there are people asking for information that they generally don't need and in a lot of cases do not understand. A case in point referenced in another thread is a new requirement for surface water soakpit design calculations to bre 365. Not too difficult to do but you do need access to a large volume of a water slurry tanker / fuel browser, even the guy's doing the trial holes don't have the equipment to do this correctly. In a conversation with my local area engineer today I asked about these tests and he informed me that the planners were looking for them not the engineers. They just want to tick another box and most likely don't have a clue about BRE 365 but they will be able to say they've got 100's of live applications on further information thereby justifing their jobs.
    Sorry if I'm slightly off topic maybe we should have a sticky ranting thread!! :D

Advertisement