Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Citroen Xsara 2003? worth hassle?

Options
  • 13-11-2008 5:13pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 48

Hi,

I just go an offer from my good mate from Scotland to buy cheaply citroen xsara 1.4 8V from 2003, hatch, it is in perfect working order, although no fsh, 50k miles on the clock, no mot, etc

I am thinking of selling it in Dublin, after taking vrt and nct into account it must fetch minimum 3200 euro. Is it realistic? Will it sell it before Christmas??

checked the carzone so the minium is 3000 although many cars are listed for much more, just dont know if xsara will be a good sell or one of those cars noone wants to buy

will appreciate your opinion as I am not working in the car business

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,273 ✭✭✭racso1975

I think you'd be mad to try and make money out of it at the moment. 2nd hand cars are not selling at all plus you'll have a percentage of people put off for the simple reason that it's a french (imho thats bollix) plus in 6 weeks time it's a year older in eveybodys mind.

The 1.4 is particularly underpowered also. i have a 2 litre diesel and it's the most economical car that i have driven had been tinking of selling it best thing that happened was that it got wrote off and the assesor who obviously has mental health issues seriously overvalued it:D

Thats just my opinion i'm sure others will have other ideas. What ever you choose best of luck with it.

I'd also be a bit nervous of the service history as i think this is a big thing in the UK

• Registered Users Posts: 9,026 ✭✭✭Gregor Samsa

I sold my 2001 1.4 xsara (100 k miles, but in great condition) for a mere €1100 a few weeks ago - I didn't even get any calls about for the two months it was on sale for until I dropped the price to €1500, and even then the person that took it was actually the only one to come and look at it.

Chances of getting 3200 for the one you're talking about sound a bit slim to me.

Advertisement