Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PJ Matthews

Options
  • 13-11-2008 5:16pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 190 ✭✭

Hi all,
    We have been looking at getting our bathroom ware, ie toilet, showers, baths, sinks etc for our new house from this shop,
    The prices seem very expensive though,
    Im not too sure where else to look though, maybe b&q and those places,
    Does anyone have any experience of shopping around for these items?
    Any recommendations?
    Thanks lads

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,569 ✭✭✭Builderfromhell

P.J. Mathews are expensive for designer stuff but OK for standard materials. service and back-up is good.
    Plumbers have told me that B&Q stuff is not good qulaity and sometimes more time consuming to fit.
    If you are not looking for anything special I would go to either;
    Heatmerchants
    or
    Chadwicks.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,097 ✭✭✭✭zuroph

i'd highly recommend PJ Matthews, they're prices might seem high, but you are buying quality there. I work for one of their suppliers, and their customer care is quite good, and they know what they're talking about.

Dont buy from somewhere like B+Q, homebase etc IMO, the quality of the stuff isnt great, its all very light, and the staff dont have enough training to point you in the right direction.

+1 for chadwicks, call into Dennis or Mike, the showroom might not appeal but they have a large supplier base.
    A+R supplies are quite good too.
    Tubs and tiles/heatmerchants/brooks are the same company (wolesly) and arent bad, however more and more of their stock is china based, and not as high quality as it used to be.
    If you want, PM me with an idea of stuff ur looking for and i can give u recommendations based on that.

• Registered Users Posts: 51,239 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

We bought our bathroom fittings from Tubs n Tiles just over a year ago and are pretty happy with their service, the quality of the products and the prices. Got a fairly good discount off the price too as we were kitting out 3 bathrooms.

There is also a new place out in the City East Retail Park, close to Instore and B&Q. I think it is called Bathrooms, Tiles and Floors (BTF), haven't bought anything there but the showroom looks posh so it might not be any cheaper than PJ Matthews.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,097 ✭✭✭✭zuroph

general rule of thumb, there SHOULD be a discount on tiles. they're mostly marked up, except for the budget ranges. Never pay list price for them. bathroom stuff, some stuff can be discounted. I've worked in the business for quite a few years now, so trust me on this one!

The place ur talking of is BTW. they used to trade under another name, it was a re-brand to look higher class.

again, i dont really want to get into the pros and cons of some of these place in public, so if u want to PM i can give u more info on anywhere.

:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 Ayia

from personal experience I would recommend that you try Per La Casa on the ennis road just located behind o'mara motors - I recently kitted out a new bathroom suite and found them very good and reasonable -

• Advertisement
Advertisement