Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Easiest bus to UCD from City Centre round 8PM?

Options
  • 13-11-2008 5:18pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6,080 ✭✭✭

Looking up dublinbus.ie it seems that the 3 and the 10 and 11b are the best busses to get from town in or around 8PM. Says they go from o'connell street but no further info. Anyone know which to use and where on O'Connell street to get the bus? Thanks folks

Comments

46A, 145

• Registered Users Posts: 4,885 ✭✭✭Stabshauptmann

The 3 is a long route, and irregular I think. the 11b is also irregular.

Any 11 will take you past the clonskeagh enterance, the 11b goes in as far as the sports centre.

The 11 stops on o connel st near the burger king closest to parenl monumnet if that makes any sense and outside Trinity main enterance at the number 10 stop.

The 46a and 145 will drop you on the flyover at the main enterance, I think they stop near the spire at the number 10 stop, they both also stop at the last bus stop on nassau st (side enterance to trinity).

The number 10 is the most regular service to UCD, and goes into the main bus stop.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,009 ✭✭✭✭bnt

The 46A is very frequent, and doesn't go through UCD, but it stops at the Stillorgan Rd. entrance (N11 flyover). The 84 is less frequent, and goes to Eden Quay (near the Abbey Theatre), just across the river from Tara St. station. The 10 stops there too, after going through UCD.

Death has this much to be said for it:
    You don’t have to get out of bed for it.
    Wherever you happen to be
    They bring it to you—free.

— Kingsley Amis

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,350 ✭✭✭Het-Field

If I was heading home early in the day, or I wanted to unwind after a long one (with my ipod/ mini dics (2003-Jan2005), then I would get the 3. It went down Nutley Avenue, around by Mount Merrion Shopping Centre, Past Ailsbury Road, spent 10 minutes at Sidney Parade Level Crossing, past the pidgon peaks along the seafront, up by Irishtown and Ringsend, Pierce Street and Town. It was blissful, and it was virtually empty every time.

This was as opposed to the 46A which bolts from UCD, through Donnybrrok, up Leeson Street and into City Centre, and Vice Versa. That was the far quicker bus both ways

Advertisement