Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Arabica

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 22 fonzy72

fonzy72 wrote: »
    Itdoesn't take away from the fact that the service is poor. I don't care what name is over the door as long as you are treated accordingly in any eatery . To pay that amount for under quality produce you would want to be treated like a prince!!! Where is the balance?

Arabica now 20% off- is someone listening per chance?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 174 ✭✭futura123

maybe if its half price and quality of food improves then i will return there...... coco cafe in salthill is waaaay nicer

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,376 ✭✭✭gaeilgegrinds

Frends is my fave and I also like Coco a lot. Arabica failed to meet a very simple request of mine once and since I've snubbed it.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,035 ✭✭✭happyoutscan

Been to the Coco and it's nice but I still like my takeaway cappuccino from Mocha in Salthill as I find the staff very friendly no matter how busy. Plus the prices have been reduced so now I have two a day!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16 Carraig

The opening of Coco at Western House on the Prom seems to have started a bit of a price war in the coffee shops of Salthill. Mocha Beans has all species of coffee at €2 while Arabica has 20% off everything.
    Dunno, still prefer Arabica, the view is better or something.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7 EllaB

Hi,
    Was in today, they are now doing special offers for €5 too.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,276 ✭✭✭Alessandra

So which branch do you work for?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,673 ✭✭✭s_carnage

Even though have to say I'd breakfast down in Arabica in the Liosban Est about 2 weeks ago and it was seriously tasty. Better than a lot of other places I've gone for breakfast in Galway and I was full till evening time with it too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 66 ✭✭scary_tractors

I've been known to go to the canteen in the Galway Clinic just to eat well and cheaply there of a Saturday morning.

Never had any business there/visiting to do, etc. Just went there for the relatively cheap grub and a leisurely read of the Saturday newspaper in nice surroundings!:D

Spot on gaillimheach, the food there is fantastic!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 palaestrio

I agree about the Salthill Arabica. After five minutes of sitting at a table last Sunday without being able to catch anyone's attention and getting served, my family and I actually left. Only my wife was so desperate for a coffee that she stood in line for another 10 minutes to get one to go while my children and I waited in the giftshop next door.

The Arabica on Lower Dominick Street, however, is everything I'd want in a café. They seem to have a different soup and salad of the day everytime I come by, the food is delicious, and staff is quick and friendly. As a Coeliac, I am also glad that they deliberately make their soups glutenfree (not so the Salthill Arabica).

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,155 ✭✭✭ErnieBert

Scones in Coco Salthill are yummy. Service is good too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 423 ✭✭Rayne

Arabica on Middle street or should I say 'Mister Waffle' is the pits.

Ordered at 11.46am, got our coffee/tea @ 12.01pm and food @ 12.21pm.

Coffee and tea were cold when food was served had to ask where our crepe and waffle were "Only we've just put them on, there fresh you see"....
    Oh so thats why there being taken out of a plastic bag????

Food was awful and over-priced.... Thank god for the 20% off. We won't be going back, too many chances.

Similar experience in Salthill x2 (Business school and Aquarium)

Mmmmm Revive on Eyre Street! Pricey tho!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 116 ✭✭yourmano

Frends has never seen me wrong although there take-away prices are the same as sit-in. Other than that no quabbles!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,066 ✭✭✭Sea Devils

Would reccomend Tiki Cafe in Hughes and Hughes. Bit on the pricey side but does excellent Coffee!

• Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭Fixer Upper

futura123 wrote: »
    arrabica and mocha beans are nothing compared to starbucks in terms of quality. i do want starbucks, competition is good for everyone

thb I've never tried the coffee from Starbucks but if you want competition the last thing you want to invite in is a starbucks.......

• Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

Please don't drag up old threads.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement