Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Aer Limgus Online Check In

• 13-11-2008 5:42pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 214 ✭✭

First time checking in online which is funny since I'm a bit of a frequent flyer!

I'll be checking in tonight for my flight at 6am. How long before departure must I be there. I've no bags so it's fairly straight forward. I believe I have to enter the details into those green 'puters and get a boarding pass.

There's shag all info on their site :(

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,007 ✭✭✭lynchie

What exactly are you doing? Online check-in or airport check-in? Cause the green machines at the airport are for airport check-in. Online check-in involves printing out your boarding pass at home.

Usual times apply for arrival at the airport. It should be on your itinerary. Though if you are doing online check-in and have no bags, you should be ok arriving 1 hour before your flight at 5am.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,588 ✭✭✭Bluetonic

nah_biy! wrote: »
    First time checking in online which is funny since I'm a bit of a frequent flyer!

The information on their site is fairly clear and straightforward. There is a link 'Check In Online' which is clear and concise.
    How long before departure must I be there. I've no bags so it's fairly straight forward.
    As a frequent flier it's best to use your own judgment. Same time as you normally give less the amount of time it usually takes to check in at the airport.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,316 ✭✭✭KC61

I'll be checking in tonight for my flight at 6am. How long before departure must I be there. I've no bags so it's fairly straight forward. I believe I have to enter the details into those green 'puters and get a boarding pass.

If you are checking in online and are travelling with hand baggage only, then you print off your boarding passes at home and then when you arrive at the airport you go directly to security and onwards directly to the departure gate. You are not dealing with any check-in machines or check-in staff at the airport.

My experience is to arrive at the airport about 1 hour and 15 minutes in advance of the flight in this situation, allowing time for a security queue.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,080 ✭✭✭✭Random

KC61 wrote: »
    If you are checking in online and are travelling with hand baggage only, then you print off your boarding passes at home and then when you arrive at the airport you go directly to security and onwards directly to the departure gate. You are not dealing with any check-in machines or check-in staff at the airport.

My experience is to arrive at the airport about 1 hour and 15 minutes in advance of the flight in this situation, allowing time for a security queue.
    You can also check in online and opt to print boarding pass at the airport :)

Also, make sure you use a full A4 page for your boarding pass at reasonable quality. Security turned us away the last day and we had to hike down to the Aer Lingus counters 14 levels below ground to get reprinted boarding cards. The machine at security wouldn't read the fuzzy bar code!

Advertisement