Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FF VII on windows vista

Options
  • 13-11-2008 5:58pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 66 ✭✭

Hello. I was just enquiring to see if it possible to play the FF VII version for the PC on windows vista. Also, is there any ways of getting around this or are there any alternatives. Is it possible to download it. Thanks in advance.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,761 ✭✭✭GothPunk

rochie16 wrote: »
    Hello. I was just enquiring to see if it possible to play the FF VII version for the PC on windows vista. Also, is there any ways of getting around this or are there any alternatives. Is it possible to download it. Thanks in advance.

DOSbox might be the way to go, although I've never used it but it could work seeing as it can emulate the older Windows environment. Also, prob shouldn't ask for game downloads or Retr0 will come down hard on you!

• Registered Users Posts: 26,400 ✭✭✭✭noodler

Google is your friend.

That should be trademarked.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15 dbarcari

Don't bother.
    The amount of CRAP you have to do just to get it to work is not worth it in the end.
    There's a lot of other alternatives, y'know?
    ;3

• Registered Users Posts: 34,986 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

Be easier to get the Playstation version and use the ePSXe emulator to be honest. Play about with the resolution a bit. You can get playstation games looking very nice indeed.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,911 ✭✭✭SeantheMan

I'd try it....just go to properties...Run As Administrator and run as Windows XP or Win98

Its worth a try anyways

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,357 ✭✭✭papu

worked for me , ive the 2 disc pc version , i set it to compatability mode and disable desktop composition , worked fine.

• Registered Users Posts: 72 ✭✭tkrysiak

I've tried a lot to get it running under Vista but to be honest it ain't worth the trouble. I ended up getting myself an old laptop with 32mb ATI card on it and set up Win98 - now all my retro games are running with no probs ;-)

BTW: Dont think using DOSbox would be an option for a game requiring 3D accelerator card. But then I wouldn't know casue I only use thm for all them tiny DOS games...

Advertisement