Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Xbox Lite-On drive

• 13-11-2008 7:23pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 414 ✭✭

Hi lads.i got RROD on me 360.its flashed so cant go to microsoft.so i decided to buy a new one.just wondering what are the possibilities of buying an unflashable lite-on dvd-drive?cheers men.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,142 ✭✭✭ciano1

Dont know

Are the lite-ons any quieter than the benq or samsung??

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,389 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lenny

Just send it for repair, they dont check all of them.. whats the worst that could happen.. they'll send it back to you un repaired..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 414 ✭✭Dicksboro_man

Lenny wrote: »
    Just send it for repair, they dont check all of them.. whats the worst that could happen.. they'll send it back to you un repaired..

and charge me for the post expenses:(
    the micrsoft sticker is riped off:(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7 steffgeezer

Can you get the new box with liteon drive and replace with the old DVD drive?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 160 ✭✭puffmullett

Same thing happened me! Sent it back and Microsoft didn't repair it, they didn't charge me for shipping. I bought an arcade 360 ...as far as I know all arcades now have lite-on drives in them, Elites seem to be pot-luck as to what drives are in them so you are taking a chance.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,624 ✭✭✭Thor

buy a second hand xbox 360.

the chances of that being a lite-on are just to well 'lite'

sorry for the pun, oh wait im not sorry for the pun

the PUN was deadly

lol

thanks for the replies.

yes,i will be able to physically replace the liteon drive with my Hitachi one.but dont i need to do some software works as well?:rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 329 ✭✭EasyBoy1974

dont i need to do some software works as well?

I've been wondering the same thing in case my box RRODs ... maybe you can let us know :D

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 11,017 Mod ✭✭✭✭yoyo

Maybe umm buy the games?

Nick

yoyo wrote: »
    Maybe umm buy the games?

Nick

ah...no..im not ready to pay 70 euro for a game.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,647 ✭✭✭thenightrider

Ill buy your broken 360 of you and then you can pick up a second hand 360 on adverts wont cost you that much as you dont need games

Advertisement