Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Live football this weekend - 14/10/08

• 13-11-2008 7:38pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,890 ✭✭✭

League's last fling...

14 Nov 2008
    Bohemians :cool: 7:35 Cork City Dalymount Park
    Derry City 7:35 Cobh Ramblers The Brandywell
    Drogheda United 7:35 St Patrick's Athletic United Park
    Finn Harps 7:35 Shamrock Rovers Finn Park
    Sligo Rovers 7:35 Bray Wanderers The Showgrounds
    UCD 7:35 Galway United Belfield Bowl

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,426 ✭✭✭Roar

is there a game on tv tomorrow night?

would love to go to dalymount but i have to work tomorrow evening, so that's that ruled out :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,296 ✭✭✭✭gimmick

Think UCD Vs Galway is on TV. Come on Galway.

Thank God this horrific season is at an end.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,890 ✭✭✭SectionF

gimmick wrote: »
    Hasn't been all bad. ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,965 ✭✭✭✭Gavin "shels"

SectionF wrote: »
    Hasn't been all bad. ;)

Cough

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,815 ✭✭✭✭galwayrush

Come on Galway, exciting end to the season, and last weekend's game against Finn Harps was a cracker.:cool:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,265 ✭✭✭HalloweenJack

UCD Galway is on RTÉ. Kick-off is at 7.35pm.

Looking forward to it. Hopefully, I'll have FM09 installed as well.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,206 ✭✭✭gustavo

Getting nervous now

Hope Bohs manage to beat Cork and we can do the business

Won't get my hopes up too much though :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,310 ✭✭✭✭citytillidie

Galway game is live there will also be goals if any from the Derry City V Cobh game and the Finn Harps V Shamrock Rovers game

Gosh, you should get a job in news.

gustavo wrote: »
    Getting nervous now

Hope Bohs manage to beat Cork and we can do the business

Won't get my hopes up too much though :(
    I'd expect Fenlon to 'try out some upcoming players'. He's thinking about the Cup Final and is nervous about yellow cards and injuries.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,881 ✭✭✭bohsman

Whats this about? http://foot.ie/forums/showpost.php?p=1052825&postcount=65

Another comment said something along the lines of "Shels are more likely to be in the A Championship than the Premier next season"

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,184 ✭✭✭✭Pighead

Looking forward to this weekend when the best team in the 1st division finishes off an excellent season with an away win in Kildare thus gaining automatic promotion due to Shelbourne's inability to beat Limerick. Happy Days. The nightmare is over. Premier Division here we come.

Pighead wrote: »
    Looking forward to this weekend when the best team in the 1st division finishes off an excellent season with an away win in Kildare thus gaining automatic promotion due to Shelbourne's inability to beat Limerick. Happy Days. The nightmare is over. Premier Division here we come.
    Hope Dundalk make it.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,697 Mod ✭✭✭✭dfx-

gimmick wrote: »

Me and you both, if perhaps for different reasons

bohsman wrote: »
    Whats this about? http://foot.ie/forums/showpost.php?p=1052825&postcount=65

Another comment said something along the lines of "Shels are more likely to be in the A Championship than the Premier next season"

http://www.extratime.ie/newsdesk/articles/1049/

Mr. Joe Casey never lies and hasn't since being appointed two years ago. Our finances will be top notch if we finish 1st, and when we sell Tolka we'll be back on a great footing money wise I'd say.

Good to see that some clubs have learnt from their mistakes.

Derry one up already. Cobh just need twelve goals to stay up...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,224 ✭✭✭✭SantryRed

1nil Bohs:eek:

1nil Sligo:eek:

Sligo now fourth:D

I know they're playing ourselves tonight...but I'd love to see Sligo get into Europe.

Derry 3 up now.

• Advertisement

1nil Harps:eek:

One nil Galway. Big, BIG goal for them. UCD were on top and Galway get a series of corners and score.

Game over.

Can't se UCD coming from behind.

2nil in Ballybofey now.

Sligo on the way to Europe. :eek:

Who'd have thought that back in August!

2-0 to Bohs and Sligo, atm.

Cork will need a big kick up the backside, I don't expect anything from our lads. :(

half time and we're 1-0 up against UCD who i will admit were the better side first half. We have a good wind behind us second half, My nerves are at me, looks like Finn Harps are playing out of their skins atm.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,697 Mod ✭✭✭✭dfx-

galwayrush wrote: »
    My nerves are at me, looks like Finn Harps are playing out of their skins atm.

It looks more like Rovers' defence have enjoyed the trip to Ballybofey more than the fans.

dfx- wrote: »
    It looks more like Rovers' defence have enjoyed the trip to Ballybofey more than the fans.

Please , can Shamrock Rovers score 2 goals, i've just opened my third bottle of wine and need something to calm .me

The Great Escape.:cool: what an exciting finish for Galway United. Well done.:cool:

• Advertisement

That was a nice end to the season.

Congrats to Sligo and Galway. Both very impressive achievements for the respective clubs.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,407 ✭✭✭✭LuckyLloyd

Congrats Galway. Displayed a lot of toughness over the past couple of months. Will be interesting to see if Kenna stays.

Nice to see Sligo get a shot at European football too in lieu of Cork.

For UCD, next year will be difficult. But they've come back from this type of thing numerous times before. I'd expect them to make a serious challenge for promotion back to the top flight in 2010.

LuckyLloyd wrote: »
    Congrats Galway. Displayed a lot of toughness over the past couple of months. Will be interesting to see if Kenna stays.

Nice to see Sligo get a shot at European football too in lieu of Cork.

For UCD, next year will be difficult. But they've come back from this type of thing numerous times before. I'd expect them to make a serious challenge for promotion back to the top flight in 2010.

Cheers.:cool:
    UCD are certainly a tOugh team to beat, and for long spells, were impressive tonight.Yes, hard to beT against them for a return to Premiership. My bold prediction, Finn Harps 1, UCD 2.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,881 ✭✭✭bohsman

Our second goal was unbelievable, think 7 players got a touch and at least 15 passes and Brennan makes a show of the keeper. But apparently Bohs and Fenlon dont play passing football. Finished 3-1, very strange penalty to Cork in the 89th minute.

Nice to see Kalonas get a goal and kiss the crest to celebrate, apparently Seville had scouts watching him so doubt we'll see him next season.

We sold it 2 times, we sold it 2 times
    that bit over there, we sold it 2 times
    We'll sell it again, we'll sell it again
    that bit over there, we'll sell it 3 times.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,752 ✭✭✭pablomakaveli

Gutted city won't be in europe next season but i wouldnt begrudge sligo their place in europe either. their a good side and iv a lot of respect for paul cook.

Nice to see galway stay up even though i would have prefered to see cobh stay up. Jeff kennas done well given the financial trouble in the club.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,917 ✭✭✭RebelRockChick

Gutted city won't be in europe next season but i wouldnt begrudge sligo their place in europe either. their a good side and iv a lot of respect for paul cook.

Nice to see galway stay up even though i would have prefered to see cobh stay up. Jeff kennas done well given the financial trouble in the club.

Gutted aswell, but will say I'm glad this season has finally come to an end after everything that has happened! Well done to Sligo.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 886 ✭✭✭DmanDmythDledge

LuckyLloyd wrote: »
    No chance of a promotion push. Shels, Dundalk and Fingal already have better players than us so that's two teams that will finish ahead of us next season. I'd expect Limerick to do so as well. We are going to lose a lot of important players and our manager too. Top half next season would be an achievement imo.

bohsman wrote: »
    Our second goal was unbelievable, think 7 players got a touch and at least 15 passes and Brennan makes a show of the keeper. But apparently Bohs and Fenlon dont play passing football. Finished 3-1, very strange penalty to Cork in the 89th minute.
    Boring, boring Bohs. Only 55 league goals scored. :D At that stage, I'd probably have given Cork a pity penalty too.

Delighted for Galway. Great way to stay up!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,752 ✭✭✭pablomakaveli

Gutted aswell, but will say I'm glad this season has finally come to an end after everything that has happened! Well done to Sligo.

I think a lot of clubs will be glad to see the end of this season. Generally been a nightmare for the league for the last few months.

Some crowd from Galway at it, some job Jeff Kenna done.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,407 ✭✭✭✭LuckyLloyd

No chance of a promotion push. Shels, Dundalk and Fingal already have better players than us so that's two teams that will finish ahead of us next season. I'd expect Limerick to do so as well. We are going to lose a lot of important players and our manager too. Top half next season would be an achievement imo.

No, I mean pushing for promotion in 2010. Next season is going to be incredibly difficult I agree.

• Advertisement

Some crowd from Galway at it, some job Jeff Kenna done.

yes, apparently 7-800 travelled from Galway, and last weekend, we had over 2700 for the game against Finn Harps on one of the worst nights weather we've had in years. rumours that there's 4 major sponsorships lined up for next season as well.:cool:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,056 ✭✭✭applehunter

Dundalk 5-0 up
    Shels 1-0 up.

Shels just need to hold on to go up.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,220 ✭✭✭20 Times 20 Times

Dundalk's going up **** the fai ...
    going up dundalkssssssssssssssssss going up naaa na naaa going up going dundalksssss going up

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 18,115 ✭✭✭✭ShiverinEskimo

Go on d'Town.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,056 ✭✭✭applehunter

What a night for Dundalkkk.

Welcome to the bigtime!!!!

Hardluck Shels, you'll bounce back.

Des won't be best pleased. Fair play to Dundalk - deserve it really. The place will be hoppin tonight.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,220 ✭✭✭20 Times 20 Times

Des won't be best pleased. Fair play to Dundalk - deserve it really. The place will be hoppin tonight.

I was texting des updates :) and he has texting me i'd say it broke his heart telling me the score

Aye - rough someone had to lose out but up the town. At least there'll be no petrol pouring at FAI HQ this time.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,337 ✭✭✭✭monkey9

I've just checked Aertel. Limerick equalised 90+2. Ha ha. Have to laugh. Love it!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,106 ✭✭✭mada999

come on the town!!!

• Advertisement
Advertisement