Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Live football this weekend - 14/10/08

2»

Comments

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 18,115 ✭✭✭✭ShiverinEskimo

monkey9 wrote: »
    I've just checked Aertel. Limerick equalised 90+2. Ha ha. Have to laugh. Love it!
    Aye - RTE's match report says "the title was decided with virtually the last kick of the season".

Dramatic doesn't do it justice.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,910 ✭✭✭thusspakeblixa

Bugger.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,224 ✭✭✭✭SantryRed

:(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,252 ✭✭✭✭stovelid

Hard luck Gavin, Des, SR, etc.

Sh*t way for it to be decided.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,697 Mod ✭✭✭✭dfx-

stovelid wrote: »

Agreed. I've no real desire to see either Shels or Dundalk go up, but no-one except maybe Bohs deserve that.

There might end being an extra place in the premier yet. :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,965 ✭✭✭✭Gavin "shels"

Tell me about it.:( As for the famous Tom standing outside Tolka at the end (about 20 minutes after the final whistle) giving it the usual.:rolleyes:

That's my hope, Drogs or even bettern Bohs!:pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,881 ✭✭✭bohsman

Karmic.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,890 ✭✭✭SectionF

Congrats Dundalk. It's great that a proper club is coming up.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,909 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

SectionF wrote: »
    Congrats Dundalk. It's great that a proper club is coming up.

:rolleyes:

Pot and kettle tbh

Xavi6 wrote: »
    :rolleyes:

Pot and kettle tbh
    Huh?

Huh?

A Bohs fan having a dig at Shels for not being a proper club. A proper club wouldn't have ended up in court for selling the ground twice.

I didn't say anything about Shelbourne.

I'm an admirer of Dundalk and if I choose to express that I suppose I can't help it if you choose to take offence. None intended, but apologies to everyone else (still) in the First Division, except Sporting Franchise, of course.

I didn't say anything about Shelbourne.

I'm an admirer of Dundalk and if I choose to express that I suppose I can't help it if you choose to take offence. None intended, but apologies to everyone else (still) in the First Division, except Sporting Franchise, of course.

My apologies. I thought your use of term 'proper club' was a dig at Shels.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,822 ✭✭✭podge018

Xavi6 wrote: »
    A Bohs fan having a dig at Shels for not being a proper club. A proper club wouldn't have ended up in court for selling the ground twice.

Bohs didn't sell any part of the ground twice.

• Advertisement

podge018 wrote: »
    Bohs didn't sell any part of the ground twice.

Close enough, Podge. They agreed to sell one part of the site to Albion, and then agreed to sell the whole site to Daniger. Tried to renege on Albion. Couldn't.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,822 ✭✭✭podge018

Oh I know the ins and outs, just correcting Xavi.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,184 ✭✭✭✭Pighead

Unbelievable finish to the season. And it has to be said, fair play to the men from Limerick. Sticking a goalkeeper up for the last couple of corners was above and beyond the call of duty. Absolute sickener for Shels. Hard luck to them. Always liked Limerick and now i'm close to loving them. Thank Christ we're finally out of the graveyard. Back in the big time at last. Roll on the new season.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,752 ✭✭✭pablomakaveli

What a way to end the season. It's hilarious because it happened to shels. Congrats to dundalk. it's justice really for what happened a couple of years ago.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,265 ✭✭✭HalloweenJack

Fair dues to Dundalk.

13 goals in two games is fairly impressive. Tough luck on Shels but I imagine they'll be clear favourites to come up next year.

Don't think Harps will be able to keep their team together and Cobh and UCD will sink like stones.

I've a question though: will Gill and Keely be in charge of both clubs next year?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,697 Mod ✭✭✭✭dfx-

Probably would go to Harps and then Cobh and even then UCD before Shels.
    I'm an admirer of Dundalk and if I choose to express that I suppose I can't help it if you choose to take offence.

Ah now. Let's not go too far.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 886 ✭✭✭DmanDmythDledge

Don't think Harps will be able to keep their team together and Cobh and UCD will sink like stones.

I've a question though: will Gill and Keely be in charge of both clubs next year?
    Drogs seem completely doomed. Harps will probably stay up.

Scully and Mahon seem the most likely managers to be in charge of those two teams next season. Seems 90% certain Mahon won't be at UCD next season.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,588 ✭✭✭jaykay74

Pighead wrote: »
    Unbelievable finish to the season. And it has to be said, fair play to the men from Limerick. Sticking a goalkeeper up for the last couple of corners was above and beyond the call of duty. Absolute sickener for Shels. Hard luck to them. Always liked Limerick and now i'm close to loving them. Thank Christ we're finally out of the graveyard. Back in the big time at last. Roll on the new season.

Don't you mean Pighead is close to loving them. :confused:

It must be love love love :pac::pac:

Advertisement