Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Galway pubs and laser

Options
  • 13-11-2008 7:41pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,136 ✭✭✭

It's not a problem in Dublin to pay by laser card in most popular pubs and restaurants. How about Galway? Which pubs are accepting the laser cards and which are not?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 28,789 ✭✭✭✭ScumLord

WooPeeA wrote: »
    It's not a problem in Dublin to pay by laser card in most popular pubs and restaurants. How about Galway? Which pubs are accepting the laser cards and which are not?
    We still barter cattle and women folk round these parts.

• Registered Users Posts: 45,482 ✭✭✭✭Bobeagleburger

Lasers arent allowed in Galway pubs, they are extremely damaging to the naked eye.

• Registered Users Posts: 149 ✭✭alexiadexia

Front Door (Crap) & The Quays do , if I think of anymore I'll let ya know..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 52 ✭✭BannedGugai

Massimo & Róisín Dubh

• Registered Users Posts: 10,210 ✭✭✭✭JohnCleary

There'd be nothing more annoying for both staff and customers behind you than paying with your Laser every time you ordered a pint - If yer drinkin' just go to the ATM

However if you're eating or something then no prob I guess. Any pub that does pub grub has accepted Laser, if you're unsure just ask before you order

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

As John said - don't pay with a card at night, myself and many other thirsty drinkers will kick you out of the pub ;)

Most places will take Laser for food payment, I see the stickers most everywhere.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,785 ✭✭✭James Forde

anyone that uses a laser card in a pub for drinks is a jerk, especially when it comes to something like 9.40. (food is ok though) :D

JohnCleary wrote: »
    There'd be nothing more annoying for both staff and customers behind you than paying with your Laser every time you ordered a pint - If yer drinkin' just go to the ATM
    biko wrote: »
    As John said - don't pay with a card at night, myself and many other thirsty drinkers will kick you out of the pub ;)
    bryanjf wrote: »
    anyone that uses a laser card in a pub for drinks is a jerk, especially when it comes to something like 9.40. (food is ok though) :D

Ye wouldnt want to go drinking in London lads. Almost everyone pays for drinks with their cards on nights out but to solve the problem of slowing things down you leave your card behind the bar(if you want) and you pay up at the end of the night. Still though there is almost always someone paying with their card. Its can be annoying but everyone incl the bar staff are well used to it so things go quite smoothly.

Edit: I always tried to use cash though quicker and some places have a charge if the order was under 10 pounds.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,136 ✭✭✭WooPeeA

I'm not much into drinking myself thats why I asked. Although good to know that I'd be a jerk using plastic money in pubs. :D

I rather meant the early evening non-busy outs than trying to pay card during rush hours. lol

I'm not that bad.. ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 28,789 ✭✭✭✭ScumLord

WooPeeA wrote: »
    I'm not much into drinking myself
    faux pas, after faux pas. Next thing you'll be saying potatoes are only alright.

• Advertisement
Advertisement