Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

PS3 No Sound on Blu Ray

• 13-11-2008 7:54pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,553 ✭✭✭✭

Probably asked a zillion times but I did a search and there wasnt an obvious thread about it

Have PS3, connected by HDMI to a Samsung 50" Plasma

Put in a Blu Ray disc, plays ok but there is no voicing played on the audio, background audio is fine.

I looked at the settings but I cant find anything obvious?

Could someone tell me what I missed?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,985 ✭✭✭big_moe

is it just the tv its connected to?? if you mess around with the audio settings you'll get it working. on mine for some reason i have to tell the PS3 that my tv only supports 2 channel audio (on the page where you tick all the types of audio the tv supports)

http://manuals.playstation.net/document/en/ps3/current/settings/audiooutput.html

step 5 on that page. just tick everything that mentions 2 ch.

adam

• Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 19,124 Mod ✭✭✭✭byte
    byte

Yeah, it's possible the sound is setup for 5.1 system, where the centre speaker is primarily used for dialogue. Change to 2 channel stereo for audio through TV

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,553 ✭✭✭✭Dempsey

Thanks guys, i knew it was something like that but didnt know where to find the correct option to fix it

Advertisement