Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Your boards.ie Fifa 09 club wants YOU!

• 13-11-2008 7:56pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,449 ✭✭✭

Now that there should be a lot more fifa 09 players about I think it's a good time to try and get the official boards.ie team up and running for real.

So...

Do you like online teamplay?
    Are you not fully retarded?

Then boards.ie needs you to add luv ulongtime69 (me) as a friend on xbox live and I'll invite you into the club. I will be able to play every night and we only need 3 people to have a game so ye don't have to worry about not being available for games etc.

So me and another boardsie will be online tonight for a game anytime from now so drop me a line and we'll get it going.

Just FYI (I am a spy), I won't be replying here coz I don't have regular access to PC atm but as I said, just add me gamertag if you want to join.

peace

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,110 ✭✭✭Y2J_MUFC

Do you like online teamplay?
    Yes
    Are you not fully retarded?
    Ah balls, so close....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,021 ✭✭✭m83

gt does not exist???

my bad... got it now ;)

I joined last night and we had a good few games. Good laugh. We're playing again tonight if anyone wants to join! Ask soby000 to add you or you can ask me to ask him. My GT:G M E 27

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,736 ✭✭✭OctavarIan

I sent soby a mail over XBL asking to join but I guess he didn't get it.

I would like to join :P

xbl tag: Lenigma

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,449 ✭✭✭Call Me Jimmy

Octo, add luv ulongtime69 as a friend and I'll not only make sure ye get invited into the club in time but i'll throw in a sucky sucky five dollah to boot. If we're lucky we could have 6 players. It's good craic but without mics atm communicating takes a while so we really need to get em, it'd make it a lot easier. Anyway I'm off to my xbox.

• Advertisement

I'm up for some games tonight. Is this club called "The Boardsies?". When did our team change to be Liverpool?!?!?!!!??!?

Call me crazy, call me stubborn, but I don't wanna play as Liverpool (or Arsenal or Chelsea) as I'm a proper United fan....can we change to a different club? any other club?

There may be no loyalty with football players, but with fans, its a much different story ;)

Besides, everyone will want to be Fernando Torres...

Y2J_MUFC wrote: »
    I'm up for some games tonight. Is this club called "The Boardsies?". When did our team change to be Liverpool?!?!?!!!??!?

Call me crazy, call me stubborn, but I don't wanna play as Liverpool (or Arsenal or Chelsea) as I'm a proper United fan....can we change to a different club? any other club?

There may be no loyalty with football players, but with fans, its a much different story ;)

Besides, everyone will want to be Fernando Torres...

I think we're going to change to Arsenal. Its up to soby hes the manager so he can only change the team.

So say everyone meet in the dressing room tonight at 8???

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,024 ✭✭✭Moiph

Count me in guys. GT is BassmanMurph85

OK I was just sending messages on Xbox Live. We're meeting in the dressing room at 9 if anyone wants to play!

Just an update: we've been having lots of games each night and people seem to be playing good in general. Last night we had a bit of a hick-up and I was playing crap due to no sleep for 2 days but other than that we have been winning a lot of our games. The night before last we played about 15 games and only actually lost 1 or 2 and won most of the rest.

We have a network of about 12 players but not all of em have been online at the same time so we usually play with around 4 people but just to let everyone know, if you come online in the evenings there will definitely be club games on. We have a serious lack of microphonage so I'm gonna get one.

At the moment we have 2 people who play striker, one who goes any, one who plays attacking midfield and me doing a job at the back.

So if everyone comes along we could field a full team I'd say. There's always room for more people tho.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,840 ✭✭✭Arciphel

Cool, I'll add you tonight then.
    My gamertag is Arciphel, and I play RB/RWB.

• Registered Users Posts: 172 ✭✭darraghjm

i'd be up for playing as well, i'll add you later, my gamertag is darraghjm

• Closed Accounts Posts: 987 ✭✭✭keen

darraghjm wrote: »
    i'd be up for playing as well, i'll add you later, my gamertag is darraghjm

Same here, gamertag MackerelMan.

3/4 of us were playing as Le'Arse ( :( ) on Friday night. 2 of us as strikers, one as a wing and one as any. We actually had some unreal team work (ie: pass to the person in the best position, not run blindly and lose the ball).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,840 ✭✭✭Arciphel

Friend request sent :D

Ah lads....we've been Liverpool, Arsenal and now Chelsea.... can we change to a side that everyone likes (or at least doesn't hate with a passion!) - Milan? Barca? Ireland? Valencia? Villarreal? Celtic?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 967 ✭✭✭Reganovski

Ah lads....we've been Liverpool, Arsenal and now Chelsea.... can we change to a side that everyone likes (or at least doesn't hate with a passion!) - Milan? Barca? Ireland? Valencia? Villarreal? Celtic?

Well I know noone likes Chelsea but we've been doing alright with em! I think I've played about 10-15 games and we've only lost one! (nothing to do with me but a good team ;))

Ah come on mate its only a bit of fun. No need to take what team we pick so seriously. We're not asking you to switch allegiances. I'm a Man Utd fan myself :)

Ah come on mate its only a bit of fun. No need to take what team we pick so seriously. We're not asking you to switch allegiances. I'm a Man Utd fan myself :)

Not much fun playing as a team you hate though! :)
    Post edited by Boards.ie: Mike on

Not much fun playing as a team you hate though! :)

Well we're playing great with Chelsea at the moment so if you want to play play or if you don't want to play don't. We're not going to change the team just because 1 person wants it changed.

• Advertisement

No problemo...didn't realise everyone is happy with the team choice. I'll sit this out. :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,062 ✭✭✭✭event

sent friend request, can you add me and ask me to join the club,

eventSecurity

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,977 ✭✭✭Soby

We're not going to utd.We are doing great as Chelsea.Every match we play is fecking utd with Ronaldo up front..

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 5,175 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr Moon

Cool, I'll join you's I don't mind playing as Chelsea as most of their players are good individuals!!

Just to let you know, I'm only good at attacking, and I'm a terrible defender!! :D

If I'm not on tonight, will one of you add me or message me luv you long times GT and I'll add it when I'm on! Can't do it in work as it's blocked!

Soby wrote: »
    We're not going to utd.

Who mentioned playing as United? Thats not one of the teams I suggested.

Anyways, nevermind..no big deal sure! Have fun lads!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,062 ✭✭✭✭event

i was added last night, will usually play in midfield, thats where i always play on be a pro

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,910 ✭✭✭✭whatawaster

Last night was great - Played 10 - W8, D1, L1.

Y2J - don't be so stubborn, the more players the better, and if you can't bring yourself to play as Chelsea then something is wrong.

I enjoyed playing up front last night. Are there others who normally play in that position? I wouldn't mind playing on the wing either. But i will play anywhere i'm needed.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 967 ✭✭✭Reganovski

Last night was great - Played 10 - W8, D1, L1.

Y2J - don't be so stubborn, the more players the better, and if you can't bring yourself to play as Chelsea then something is wrong.

I enjoyed playing up front last night. Are there others who normally play in that position? I wouldn't mind playing on the wing either. But i will play anywhere i'm needed.

I usually play up front but I don't mind where I play. Up front or defense are best for me, not skillful enough for midfield yet :rolleyes:

I didn't play last night, probably why ye won all those games :) I should be back on Thursday night as I have an exam in the morning :( FIFA will be the cause of me failing though, played way too much lately!!

Question for ye, I read somewhere the patch is out, has anyone downloaded it? I downloaded something yesterday but not sure it was the patch! Haven't noticed any difference.

Also, what camera do ye use when playing on a team, be a pro or the normal tv one?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,910 ✭✭✭✭whatawaster

Reganovski wrote: »
    I usually play up front but I don't mind where I play. Up front or defense are best for me, not skillful enough for midfield yet :rolleyes:

I didn't play last night, probably why ye won all those games :) I should be back on Thursday night as I have an exam in the morning :( FIFA will be the cause of me failing though, played way too much lately!!

Question for ye, I read somewhere the patch is out, has anyone downloaded it? I downloaded something yesterday but not sure it was the patch! Haven't noticed any difference.

Also, what camera do ye use when playing on a team, be a pro or the normal tv one?

I use the Tele camera, but it sometimes does what it wants and even if the ball is near me i can't see it. Annoying.

I think i downloaded the patch yesterday. It wouldn't let me online without it. I didn't notice anything different.

• Advertisement

im on wii here. guys if u add me u will get an invite that evning. richie cmon its only a computer game! about positions the thing is ders a cuple of us who have been playin most games in d 1 position. 4 example i play lb evry game but if im not there obviously its free. we hav 2 guys who hav been playin up front as drogba, we have a guy in cm and 2 who play am. we hav a guy who goes any wen theres only 4or5 of us. playin defence can b real tough if the opposition isnt spastic so only volunteer if ur good. watever position u play itd b gud if u cud stick to it wen possible. d last 2 nites hav been real good fun and if all these new guys add me we'll hav around 18

Advertisement