Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Quiznos?

• 13-11-2008 8:23pm
    Registered Users Posts: 149 ✭✭

Whats the story? Spotted this new place today right beside Subway! Same thing or what?!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,155 ✭✭✭ErnieBert

I was in Quiznos in Dublin. It's lovely.
    Not disimilar to Subway but different nonetheless. :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,641 ✭✭✭paconnors

which subway op

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,544 ✭✭✭Hogzy

oh my god its amazing, had it in america (could be different here dunno) and it was unbelievable.

Get a steak and cheese philly sandwich... Oh my god my mouth is watering!!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,721 ✭✭✭GerardKeating

Whats the story? Spotted this new place today right beside Subway! Same thing or what?!

They are an american franchies outfit kind of like Subway, they arrived in Dublin a few years ago, nice and tasty..

According to the Wikipedia article they are the "second largest" submarine sandwich chain, after subway.

• Registered Users Posts: 149 ✭✭alexiadexia

paconnors wrote: »
    which subway op

Its down abbeygate st, if thats the name of it. DOwn off shop st. near Cp & Javas

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,985 ✭✭✭skelliser

Its down abbeygate st, if thats the name of it. DOwn off shop st. near Cp & Javas

saw their advert in the advertiser but it didnt say where it was:rolleyes: fools!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,165 ✭✭✭✭brianthebard

They are an american franchies outfit kind of like Subway, they arrived in Dublin a few years ago, nice and tasty..

According to the Wikipedia article they are the "second largest" submarine sandwich chain, after subway.

Which makes their proximity to Subway both depressing and quite funny.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,067 ✭✭✭tallaghtoutlaws

Quiznos in Ireland man I need to get with the times. Sooooo much better than Subway in the US. Must check the Dublin one out one of these days.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 389 ✭✭Jamey

Tried it out there over the weekend, wasn't overly impressed but it was still nice enough.

- It's more expensive than Subway, and the subs are set (In Subway you can pick and choose what you want in it).

- They do chips. Not so tasty ones however.

- They are very similar to Subway, they sell Soup, Doritos and Cookies too.

- The staff are local, and all seem very sound and friendly.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,089 ✭✭✭✭Mrs OBumble

skelliser wrote: »
    saw their advert in the advertiser but it didnt say where it was:rolleyes: fools!

Maybe foolish, or maybe not: how many people knew about the concept from travels elsewhere, saw the ad, and then asked friends if anyone knew where it is. More bang for the advertising buck, so to speak.

Does anyone else find the building they're in a little alarming? It kind of bulges between the ground and first floors. I can't help but wonder if it's going to just collapse one day.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 719 ✭✭✭Bass Cadet

Its depressing the amount of fast food joints springing up around the place. Yer better off eating a pack of salt. each to their own i suppose!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,066 ✭✭✭Sea Devils

Tried it for lunch today and wasn't impressed with it although maybe it was to do with the choice of Sandwich I had. It was very much like Subway really.

Give me a Mc Cambridges Sandwich any day:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 225 ✭✭trailerparkboy

I could not believe it when i went in there i though am i really in ireland as the staff they have actually speak english and are local :D, unlike subway here in galway where the staff cant speak english are sour and bark at you, quiznos from now on for me

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

Might check it out.
    I 54421958.heart.gif Subway though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,089 ✭✭✭✭Mrs OBumble

.... the staff they have actually speak english and are local :D,

Hello please. This word "local" that you use. What meaning does it have? I am looking in my dictionary and it says that "local" means "of this area", but am not understanding how the staff of takeway-shop cannot be "of this area".

• Registered Users Posts: 160 ✭✭04KY

JustMary wrote: »
    Hello please. This word "local" that you use. What meaning does it have? I am looking in my dictionary and it says that "local" means "of this area", but am not understanding how the staff of takeway-shop cannot be "of this area".

Don't reply trailerparkboy, she just want to argue!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,414 ✭✭✭kraggy

Bass Cadet wrote: »
    Its depressing the amount of fast food joints springing up around the place. Yer better off eating a pack of salt. each to their own i suppose!

Funny you should say that.

Anyone see the doc on Channel 4 some months ago about the sandwiches that are sold by the main supermarket chains and restaurants etc?

Anyway, they tested a foot long meatball sub from Subway and discovered it had the same amount of salt as 18 packets of Walkers Ready Salted crisps.

I sh1t you not.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

Ate there today. Seriously unimpressed. Their 'regular' sub seems smaller and is less packed then a subway 6", and costs more. They also offer a 'small' sub for 4 euro - I mean come on, it could hardly be bigger then a baby's boot after seeing the size of the regular. Also no option to put anything on yourself aside from lettuce....

All in all, not a patch on Subway. Would only eat there for the duration of the free drink with sub offer, because you can get the daily special + drink for 3.95 that way. Otherwise, it's crap value for money at normal prices.

You can tell anyway - today at lunchtime, Subway was packed out the door, Quiznos was practically empty, even though they're right beside each other!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 Mighty Joe

I am a big fan of quiznos i cant believe you can compare it to subway. The bread is not even bread, subway meats taste reheated and are all prepared.Whereas quiznos make to order(probably the reason that it takes a few seconds longer). If you are a student quiznos are offering better deals free drink with a sub to all students along with a 10% discount. You also get a loyalty card that only needs four stamps and then you get a free sub (another 20%).
    Try there Mesquite chicken on ciabatta-excellent
    Adios:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,383 ✭✭✭emeraldstar

Mighty Joe wrote:
    I am a big fan of quiznos i cant believe you can compare it to subway. The bread is not even bread, subway meats taste reheated and are all prepared.Whereas quiznos make to order(probably the reason that it takes a few seconds longer). If you are a student quiznos are offering better deals free drink with a sub to all students along with a 10% discount. You also get a loyalty card that only needs four stamps and then you get a free sub (another 20%).
    Adios

Which are you: owner, manager or employee?

:)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2 Mighty Joe

I wouldnt mind to being the owner or maybe manager. I am actually looking for a job so you never know. :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,383 ✭✭✭emeraldstar

Do you KNOW the owner then?

Just coz, ya know, it might seem like you expressly signed up here for the purposes of coming on and advertising for them... ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 228 ✭✭redshoulder

Which subway is it beside?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,095 ✭✭✭LadyMayBelle

I noticed a sign in Subway's window yesterday morning saying that they accepted discount vouchers from other sub stores (obviously Quiznos discount vouchers). Didn't look today but I will tomorrow didnt' think you could do that!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,066 ✭✭✭Sea Devils

Which subway is it beside?

It's the one across from Lynch's Castle on upper Abbeygate Street

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

Mighty Joe wrote: »

Sorry you're right, it was a crime to mention it in the same sentence as Subway.

Ate in Subway today (4.95 for a foot long crammed to the brim with extras as a student) and laughed heartily at the mere thought of ever stepping food in Quiznos again with it's fun size rolls and total lack of any condiments.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 228 ✭✭redshoulder

Was in Quiznos last week, better food than subway, but more expensive and not much seating available.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,155 ✭✭✭ErnieBert

Go another 50 yards down Abbeygate Street and pop into "Delight" for the best sambos in Galway.

The Quinzos Club ciabatta is very nice too.

• Registered Users Posts: 23 KangoSkank

The best Quizno's in Dublin are the one's on Dame Street and beside O'Connell Street. The one in Stephen's green is pure muck and the one in powerscourt is half decent. Dame street is by far the best with the friendliest staff and a free student drink.

And before you ask, yes I really like Quizno's!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 206 ✭✭Toon--soldier

Mighty Joe wrote: »

+1

the quality of the ingredients are better

Advertisement