Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

hardest subject

Options
13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 230 ✭✭Isaac702

Irish. Languages were never my strong point. If I could have dropped Irish I would have. I am more than likely going to fail it. I dont need it for my course though so I really don't mind.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,930 ✭✭✭✭challengemaster

Applied maths >.<

• Closed Accounts Posts: 660 ✭✭✭Claypigeon

History, pathetic teacher who thinks she's class for the past two years and a rather unpredictable paper

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,082 ✭✭✭Pygmalion

English, got a 26% in the mock, it annoys the hell out of me meaning I basically never studied it. Just accepted that I won't have it in my top 6 in LC.

Got a B2 in French fairly easily in Mock, and a D1 in Irish, which I was convinced I'd failed, but I do ordinary in English, Irish and French.

Other than that I failed DCG in mock, by 2%, but I hadn't finished the course, nor had I ever seen an exam paper in it before due to new course.
    Did best in Chemistry with C1, despite being convinced I'd done terribly and having to guess a lot. Maths and Physics I got C3, which hopefully should be up a bit in real thing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 529 ✭✭✭Homicidal_jesus

Its not difficult but i would have to say chemistry there are times in class where im just totally confused ha mainly the experiments tey can ask you such random things in questions

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 90 ✭✭Sean_Ludawg

Davidius wrote: »
    Irish.

The most horrible subject ever.

+1
    I've been bottlenecked into doing honors too :mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 423 ✭✭Mac Masters

Well it depends on the person really.

Music and Applied maths though both have the highest average of A's!:D

For me though the hardest subject I found was Irish! It depends whether you've been doing the work or not the entire year because it's the hardest to cram!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,939 ✭✭✭mardybumbum

Tell your teacher to fcuk off. Its your LC. If you dont think your capable of passing honours Irish then make it clear to your teacher that you are moving to ordinary level. If they dont like it then........tough.

Edit: Bah

• Registered Users Posts: 354 ✭✭snazzy

HISTORY

Then Irish

Then Economics

• Closed Accounts Posts: 407 ✭✭OxfordComma

French. One of the easiest JC papers, and probably the hardest LC paper in my opinion.

You literally can't study for it. At all. You could prepare notes on loads of topics for the written but nothing you've got prepared ever comes up.

It's easy to get a B in it, and almost impossible to get an A.

Irish isn't the most difficult, I just really despise it. :)

HL maths=the most overrated subject in terms of difficulty. Loads of people don't do any work for it and then complain about how hard it is... It's not easy by any stretch of the imagination, but it rewards hard work.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 287 ✭✭Des23

I'd have to agree with the sentiments expressed earlier in the thread that Applied Maths' reputation is probably a lot worse than it deserves.

While the syllabus is a page long, and unbelievably vague I would think that in some respects it is easier than pure maths.

In general the marks are loaded towards the beginning of the question. Also they are problems rather than just: 'here are a load of letters and numbers, now do something with them' that you get in normal maths, i.e. you are trying to find a distance or a time or something along those lines so you are able to understand what you are doing, which in my opinion makes it far more manageable.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 529 ✭✭✭rhapsody!

-ME- wrote: »
    For me it's definitely art... I really shouldn't have picked it as i'm only very average. For the majority subjects if you're motivated and study loads your grades will improve but in art, if you're not naturally talented you're kind of stuck! I'm gonna have to make sure I get an A1 in the art history!

I'm the same. I'm generally quite creative, I find abstract art the best, but put something in front of me and ask me to draw it, it's awful. I'm not the worst drawer in the world but I'm still not good at it. How did you get on in the practicals?
    As for Art history, I have to get an A1 in that aswell if I want to get a B apparently! Which will be hard as I have done nothing as of yet. But I have Wednesday to do that. I'll pretty much be safe with Renaissance. My sister and art teacher both said that comes up each year. We only covered like seven or eight artists all year. :/

• Registered Users Posts: 2,277 ✭✭✭poisonated

favourite subject:french or business

toughest subject:religion(surprisingly)

• Registered Users Posts: 168 ✭✭RayCarley

Des23 wrote: »
    I'd have to agree with the sentiments expressed earlier in the thread that Applied Maths' reputation is probably a lot worse than it deserves.

While the syllabus is a page long, and unbelievably vague I would think that in some respects it is easier than pure maths.

In general the marks are loaded towards the beginning of the question. Also they are problems rather than just: 'here are a load of letters and numbers, now do something with them' that you get in normal maths, i.e. you are trying to find a distance or a time or something along those lines so you are able to understand what you are doing, which in my opinion makes it far more manageable.

As well as all that, you can get an A1 in Applied Maths without getting a single question right. FACT
    What a subject!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 483 ✭✭9wetfckx43j5rg

I'd have to say my hardest is prob biology, the only one i failed on the mocks. dont like maths or home ec either.

Gonna spend tonight studying maths paper two and do irish tomorrow. will probably look over the poetry too.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 62 ✭✭SugoiHito

I find spanish hard but i dont think anyone else does......

• Closed Accounts Posts: 47 Richyj_0

Statistically, out of the "normal" subjects, its art.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 69 ✭✭7Steve

dindinium wrote: »
    Hey Guys,
    What do you think is the hardest leaving cert option subject?
    For me I think art is. It's so hard to get an A in it.

I would totally agree with you. Art History is a bitch and everyone always leaves it till the last minute to study for it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,148 ✭✭✭✭KnifeWRENCH

1fahy4 wrote: »
    French. One of the easiest JC papers, and probably the hardest LC paper in my opinion.

You literally can't study for it. At all. You could prepare notes on loads of topics for the written but nothing you've got prepared ever comes up.

I wouldn't say French is the most difficult but I do agree that there is a huge leap from Junior Cert to Leaving Cert. I think the Junior Cert course should be made a bit tougher so that students are better prepared when it comes to LC.
    Having said that, many students love Leaving Cert French. I think it's one of those subjects where the quality of teaching has a large impact on your enjoyment or hatred of it.

Advertisement