Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Second current account

Options
  • 13-11-2008 9:10pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,621 ✭✭✭

I have a Current account with a laser card with PTSB and am wondering is it possable to open a second current account and get a second laser card.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,080 ✭✭✭✭Random

Kat1170 wrote: »
    I have a Current account with a laser card with PTSB and am wondering is it possable to open a second current account and get a second laser card.
    I can't speak for PTSB but I done it the other day with AIB with no issues.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,636 ✭✭✭dotsman

Random wrote: »
    I can't speak for PTSB but I done it the other day with AIB with no issues.

Same here. There's plenty of people who have numerous accounts. Usually when people set up multiple accounts, it's one account for themselves, one joint account with their partners for household bills/shopping etc, perhaps another joint account for a wedding or whatever. They just use it as a budgeting tool.

However, I don't know if you would need a second laser card. For me, I lost the ATM card for my second current account years ago (after only ever using it once or twice). When I called to report it missing, I just told them not to bother sending out a new one, as I only ever used that account for Direct debits and Standing orders etc and never actually used it to withdraw cash etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,621 ✭✭✭Kat1170

Your probably right I might not bother about the second laser card. I just want to set it up to pay my direct debits, standing orders etc and to avoid bank charges. No charges on current accounts. I use online banking a lot as I live out in the sticks and It pi$$e$ me off that they charge per online transaction even though they do not have to physically do anything. You'd think they would be encouraging it.:rolleyes:

Your probably right I might not bother about the second laser card. I just want to set it up to pay my direct debits, standing orders etc and to avoid bank charges. No charges on current accounts. I use online banking a lot as I live out in the sticks and It pi$$e$ me off that they charge per online transaction even though they do not have to physically do anything. You'd think they would be encouraging it.:rolleyes:

You get charged for online banking? What?

Yep.:rolleyes:

Breakdown of quarterly charges,

Counter Transactions €0.29
    Electronic Transactions €0.23
    Non-ptsb ATM Transactions €0.23
    ptsb ATM Transactions €0.15

The only thing I can think 'electronic' transactions can be are online ones.:mad:

• Advertisement

But I thought PTSB's main selling point was there free banking (it sure as hell ain't their rates)! I mean, they're the ones who kept having that mobster actor tell us we're fools for paying these charges.

I have just gone on to their website and again they say that there are no charges. There is, however a "note 1" in relation to that, but I can't find "note 1" anywhere:(

I am seriously confused. I always thought that the reason people went with ptsb was because they were cheap. As far as I know, no other bank charges for these things. Perhaps you should open your second account with another bank:D

On my current account they are free but on my cashflow account they are not, hence the plan to open a second current account.

On my current account they are free but on my cashflow account they are not, hence the plan to open a second current account.

OK, that makes sense. For a moment there, I thought PTSB were ripping you off. Definitely swap that cashflow account for a current account (you'll probably earn more interest on the current account anyway!)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 143 ✭✭BankMan

I think PTSB can link more than one account on the one laser card. Ask your branch

• Registered Users Posts: 1,909 ✭✭✭greenman09

this i can confirm is true. give open 24 a call or call into any branch and they can sort it for you.

• Advertisement
Advertisement