Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Child minding costs?

Options
  • 13-11-2008 9:12pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 255 ✭✭

Hi, my nephews mam is just gone back to work and my own mother is minding the wee one, both my mother and sister-in-law are unsure what they should charge\be charged (first babay).

Does anyone here have a family member minding their sprog and what are the fees in your case?!

Thanks K

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,243 ✭✭✭kelle

The general fee is e45 per day in the creche where my daughter goes, the max fee is e170 full-time. You can put that to your mother and see if she bargains down from there. That's exactly what I did when my mother-in-law minded my DS when he was small.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,390 ✭✭✭galwaydude

Sorry for bumping the thread. What would the fees be roughly in Galway, do you have to have the child in for the whole week or can you just put them in for a few days.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 240 ✭✭Dfens

All depends, we have DD in creche with Montessori five days a week (full day) € 150. In her creche will only do parttime if another child takes the other half of the day but different creches have different rules.
    Used to pay about €175 a week in a previous creche.

Not all will take babies less than 1 year, or the cost may be more for a baby (higher staff:child ratio for babies). You should be able to get a list of registered creches & childminders in Galway city & county from these

Advertisement