Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

docking station(mp3) appearence history etc?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 521 ✭✭✭Prowetod

the solidworks drawing has to go together the same way as the actual docking

Are you sure about that? Thought it just have to look really like it and have over 5 parts!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,004 ✭✭✭ironclaw

eoccork wrote: »
    Are you sure about that? Thought it just have to look really like it and have over 5 parts!

Nope, it has to be the docking station. Not a good looking replica.

• Registered Users Posts: 942 ✭✭✭whadabouchasir

Although it is supposed to be the docking station do they have any way of actually checking how accurate yor model is?all they could really do is compare it against photos of it on the internet and i doubt if they will even do that

all they could really do is compare it against photos of it on the internet and i doubt if they will even do that

I amn't putting my hopes on a hunch. We're DCG students we're suppose to have an eye for detail and love everything down to the mm... :D

But you are right in the sense they ain't going to check every CD for all the files. If it took 10 seconds to load and open a CD, not even look at the contents, times 250+ scripts, thats 42 minutes. Then add in correction and review time.

I agree although if you dont have your own docking station then you have no choice but to make up measurements and leave out parts. Also isn't it true that all of the project has to be done at school?

• Advertisement

I agree although if you dont have your own docking station then you have no choice but to make up measurements and leave out parts.

Not so. They expect you to find out. I did and the nearest one to me is in California, USA.
    Also isn't it true that all of the project has to be done at school?

Yes, under supervision and without help. But seriously, enforce that.. :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 7 deadhound17

ironclaw wrote: »
    Nope, it has to be the docking station. Not a good looking replica.

Nope, the brief says "Generate a detailed computer model, comprising of at least 5 parts."
    Detailed computer model=not exactly the same as the docking station.
    Ya can chuck in random pins, extra frames etc and they can't exactly mark you down because you're going by the wording of the brief :)
    Isn't that a bit of relief

Also, they know not every student is going to have a docking station, so they expect you to go on what you can.
    I.e. go on the net, search docking station, and choose the one you want. From there, go on the pictures you can find.
    But to make sure it's detailed, it's good to add in a few buttons on it down to a tee :)

Nope, the brief says "Generate a detailed computer model, comprising of at least 5 parts."
    Detailed computer model=not exactly the same as the docking station.
    Ya can chuck in random pins, extra frames etc and they can't exactly mark you down because you're going by the wording of the brief :)
    Isn't that a bit of relief

Also, they know not every student is going to have a docking station, so they expect you to go on what you can.
    I.e. go on the net, search docking station, and choose the one you want. From there, go on the pictures you can find.
    But to make sure it's detailed, it's good to add in a few buttons on it down to a tee :)

Accuracy = Marks. Plus if you do the same as someone else, which is probable, you'll be marked against the best one.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7 Rho

doesd ne1 no hw 2 extrude boss or cut da text on an object??:confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15 sheila2278

hey does any one know where i can find a plan view for Logic3 iStation 22 Black......please

• Advertisement

ironclaw wrote: »
    Accuracy = Marks. Plus if you do the same as someone else, which is probable, you'll be marked against the best one.

Best thing to do is choose a little known dock or an obscure one which is what I'm doing :)
    Common brands etc are a no-no
    There is quite a lot of different docks out there though ( found over 20 different brands within 30 secs, add in the amount of different docks each company makes= a hell of a lot of docks)

sheila2278 wrote: »
    hey does any one know where i can find a plan view for Logic3 iStation 22 Black......please

Try the logic3 site, they usually have the specs etc of docks in pdf. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 302 ✭✭Rich1691

Haven't seen any plan views but this is the best I've seen!
    http://www.datakits.co.uk/store/logic3-istation-22-black-ipod-stereo-speakers-mip022k-istation-p-5630.html

http://www.logic3.com/details/?prod=568

Bottom of the page, download the pdf.
    They have these on most docking station's pages.

Yes, under supervision and without help. But seriously, enforce that.. :rolleyes:[/quote]

As far as i know the whole reason for you submitting a CD as well as the hard copy is so that they can see when all of the files were originally created. Also apparently it is possible to find out what computer created a certain solidworks file as the computer "tags" the file as you work on it.

Yes, under supervision and without help. But seriously, enforce that.. :rolleyes:

As far as i know the whole reason for you submitting a CD as well as the hard copy is so that they can see when all of the files were originally created. Also apparently it is possible to find out what computer created a certain solidworks file as the computer "tags" the file as you work on it.[/quote]

True that, they have all the I.P. addresses already logged, so if anyone plans on doing it at home, not gonna happen Joe lol

True that, they have all the I.P. addresses already logged, so if anyone plans on doing it at home, not gonna happen Joe lol

Well, it has nothing to do with IP address's mate. I heard they were tagged but I went through the files and can't find a tag. It could be tagged to the serial number of the SD program but that wouldn't tag an individual. Plus our school has 30 computers so if you changed computer etc the tag would be different.

Its impossible to enforce, electronically at least

hey thanks for the advice!!!!!!!:):):)....think i mite do that looked everywhere and still no sign.....thnks again ***

• Registered Users Posts: 4,532 ✭✭✭WolfForager

Surely we can just bring the school laptops home and work away.

that would be great a great idea...its really annoying having to go into school just to the project..............i had to goin during the holidays and early mornings.....they should just get ride of it all together!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 89 ✭✭pickles_17

what i did was copied and pasted some outputs onto a key , brought it home, finished it, but i dont know what to do now!
    do i delete the old ones and copythe new ones or what?
    please help!

• Registered Users Posts: 724 ✭✭✭Paddy001

I think if you write click and go to properties it shows the username that created the file

Username is student on all our computers. It's a joke to be honest

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 manic-696

I'm a gonna go hunt down the mothe'ucka who created this project & SUBJECT!!! WHO'S WITH ME?!:mad::mad::mad::mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 724 ✭✭✭Paddy001

I noticed today. every part you create, in the list on the left, if you go into their properties it shows, uername that created it, date and time, and date and time last modified. So not much room for doing the solidworks at home!

That's the same as most word processors they also show date and time created as well as last time modified for each file you create.

• Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭Dunne.Drift

let me throw a spanner in the works, everybody stop fretting about this absolute stupid project ;) :rolleyes:

are course (08/09) is all fudged up and its not layout out properly and not fully established for teachers to teach so basicly do your best and there going to be throwing marks away this year!

honestly, my teacher got in on this and he said they havnt this course set up right at all so make the most of it and there going to be giving away marks basicly...

i havnt even started yet and dont even no how to use solid works :confused: dosnt work half the time for anybody so this is another problem factor with the course!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,626 ✭✭✭timmywex

let me throw a spanner in the works, everybody stop fretting about this absolute stupid project ;) :rolleyes:

are course (08/09) is all fudged up and its not layout out properly and not fully established for teachers to teach so basicly do your best and there going to be throwing marks away this year!

honestly, my teacher got in on this and he said they havnt this course set up right at all so make the most of it and there going to be giving away marks basicly...

i havnt even started yet and dont even no how to use solid works :confused: dosnt work half the time for anybody so this is another problem factor with the course!

this is surely trolling

or all your talking b****, project is 40%, without it, alot of people will be struggling to pass

i havnt even started yet and dont even no how to use solid works :confused: !
    Maybe you should start panicking.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 287 ✭✭Des23

We have just been told do any sketching in class but other than that most of the projects I have seen, all the writing has been hand printed which can be done at home. If you are doing the project this way its pretty feasible to get it done at a reasonable pace as you can get a lot of the monotonous work out of the way at home and make the most of the time avaidable in class for sketching and solid works. If you are doing everything on the computer then time will probably be a lot tighter. Hand printing your writing is sure to be worth some marks aswell... hopefully anyway!

Advertisement