Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

NTL Broadband in Dublin 8

Options
  • 13-11-2008 9:53pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,083 ✭✭✭

Has anyone else noticed their NTL broadband being terribly slow today or is it just me? :o

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 109 ✭✭Boxman

NTL are working on equipment in and around Meath st... There has been a lot of contention reported in the area.

I was talking to a technician today.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,083 ✭✭✭sillymoo

Boxman wrote: »
    NTL are working on equipment in and around Meath st... There has been a lot of contention reported in the area.

I was talking to a technician today.

Ah. Thats a bit crap. My other half works from home and when I came in the door this evening he was raging and fit to throw his laptop out the window. At least we know whats going on now. Thanks :)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 25,234 ✭✭✭✭Sponge Bob

NTL have an iffy rep in D8 and in D15 for some reason .

Go with Smart 24mbit or BT 24mbit instead if available .

• Registered Users Posts: 190 ✭✭gerryR

Thanks for the information Boxman.

Would have gone with someone else a long time ago Sponge Bob but other options are just too expensive when you take line rental into a/c given that I have no need for a phone.

gerryR

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 12,448 Mod ✭✭✭✭dub45

Sponge Bob wrote: »
    NTL have an iffy rep in D8 and in D15 for some reason .

Go with Smart 24mbit or BT 24mbit instead if available .

It really must be quite difficult to be so consistently bad as UPC/NTL are customer service wise. Most bb companies seem to have even short periods where the customer service improves even for a while. The UPC mgmt have been claiming for some time now that they are putting an effort into improving things but there is no evidence whatsoever of it as far as I can see.

• Advertisement
Advertisement