Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Liverpool supporters club?

Options
  • 13-11-2008 10:27pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 10,259 ✭✭✭✭

Is there any in the city? I know the Still House is kind of a supporters bar but is there a club in there?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,871 ✭✭✭Karmafaerie

Melion wrote: »
    Is there any in the city? I know the Still House is kind of a supporters bar but is there a club in there?

Nothing official
    As you said the Still House, and Mcgregors were kind of semi-Liverpool.

As far as I know the Cuckoo Box is very pool centric too.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 568 ✭✭✭TheLoc

Nothing official
    As you said the Still House, and Mcgregors were kind of semi-Liverpool.

As far as I know the Cuckoo Box is very pool centric too.
    Only 2 pool fans?????? good to see youngsters are starting to support proper football clubs that play good, stylish and entertaining football rather than gerrard thumpin the ball up for torres. :):):) haha only jokin

• Registered Users Posts: 885 ✭✭✭Roadend

Melion wrote: »

I do believe the actual supporters club meet in there when matches are on.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,591 ✭✭✭✭Aidric

Roadend wrote: »
    I do believe the actual supporters club meet in there when matches are on.
    Not much room in The Still House.

• Registered Users Posts: 882 ✭✭✭acalmenvoy

Couple of Limerick Branches, more info here:

http://www.liverpoolfc.tv/club/aib/ireland.htm

• Advertisement

acalmenvoy wrote: »
    Couple of Limerick Branches, more info here:

http://www.liverpoolfc.tv/club/aib/ireland.htm

Ya looks like the first Limerick listing is talking about the still house there, or Carslberg sports bar as they called it.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,015 ✭✭✭✭Mc Love

I seen a branch in Mojo once, good few of them there! Of course I aint a pool fan though

• Closed Accounts Posts: 190 ✭✭Ashfield

We sure could do with a more advertised lfc club,
    You never see nor hear anything about them,
    Im sick of hearing about the united supporters club in the press

Ashfield wrote: »
    We sure could do with a more advertised lfc club,
    You never see nor hear anything about them,
    Im sick of hearing about the united supporters club in the press
    fan pubs for liverpool/ man u.... in ireland..... whats that about?

• Registered Users Posts: 19 fantastic2007

The Cuckoo Box is definitely pro Liverpool. Was in there for a few games. Food handed out and there are lots of TV's. Heading in there tonight for Marsaille game. Ask for Pa.

• Advertisement

The Cuckoo Box is definitely pro Liverpool. Was in there for a few games. Food handed out and there are lots of TV's. Heading in there tonight for Marsaille game. Ask for Pa.
    I dunno if its pro liverpool.... they do that for all games.

TheLoc wrote: »
    fan pubs for liverpool/ man u.... in ireland..... whats that about?

There is one for the Mighty Rovers too Loc:D

There is one for the Mighty Rovers too Loc:D
    yea haha. in blackburn

You are only jealous because Arsenal dont have any!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 187 ✭✭rstans

Liverpool Supporters Club = Dole Office:D:D:D

Yep hahaha

rstans wrote: »
    Liverpool Supporters Club = Dole Office:D:D:D
    brilliant haha. Sure isn't Everton more irish than liverpool historically???

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,086 ✭✭✭irishvamp90

the still house is all liverpool i think.not very welcoming for girls or not people into soccer.had to go in there for a drink with people and it was a all chavy lads.cuckoo box seems to be ok even with a match on not in your face soccer boys

• Closed Accounts Posts: 162 ✭✭nouveau_4.0

Yes, but they were not as successful as Liverpool have been.
    :D

Yes, but they were not as successful as Liverpool have been.
    :D
    That is true. and liverpool will always be better. Was just saying it because most if not all liverfool fans say they support liverpool because of the irish roots.... BULL.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,483 ✭✭✭ManFromAtlantis

lads, do ye think we'll ever be a big club in world eyes like man u, arsenal and chelsea.? i know we're big on merseyside but surely we have bigger ambitions.

lads, do ye think we'll ever be a big club in world eyes like man u, arsenal and chelsea.? i know we're big on merseyside but surely we have bigger ambitions.
    haha. You're obviously not a liverpool fan.... I'm an arsenal man, but in fairness, Liverpool have always been the biggest club in england with the number of trophy's they have (more than utd). although these days they are a one man team. maybe 2 if torres shakes off the hamstrings

• Closed Accounts Posts: 150 ✭✭lfc1892

Sorry guys, this is incorrect. Liverpool and Everton were the same club until 1891. The cause of the split was that Everton refused to pay higher rents for the Anfield ground and so moved to their new location of Goodison. The owner of the Anfield ground decided to create his own team and thus Liverpool Football Club was born. The man in charge of the club was "Honest" Joe McKenna, and Irishman. As Everton was a long established local club, they struggled finding players and so recruited from Scotland and Ireland and were locally known as the team of Macs because of the Scottish / Irish surnames.

Now, back to the point... I'm not a Chav and I watch ALL my Liverpool games in the Still House. There are 3 supporters clubs that use The Still, Liverpool, Tottenham and God forgive us all Man Ure. All other teams are represented there and are treated respectfully. The official name of the bar is actually The Carlsberg Sports Bar so if you support teams other than the 3 above, you are always welcome (and you'll be fed for free on big match days).

If you are looking to join one of the supporters clubs there, ask Ken and he'll help you out (even if you support united)

lfc1892 wrote: »
    Sorry guys, this is incorrect. Liverpool and Everton were the same club until 1891. The cause of the split was that Everton refused to pay higher rents for the Anfield ground and so moved to their new location of Goodison. The owner of the Anfield ground decided to create his own team and thus Liverpool Football Club was born. The man in charge of the club was "Honest" Joe McKenna, and Irishman. As Everton was a long established local club, they struggled finding players and so recruited from Scotland and Ireland and were locally known as the team of Macs because of the Scottish / Irish surnames.

Now, back to the point... I'm not a Chav and I watch ALL my Liverpool games in the Still House. There are 3 supporters clubs that use The Still, Liverpool, Tottenham and God forgive us all Man Ure. All other teams are represented there and are treated respectfully. The official name of the bar is actually The Carlsberg Sports Bar so if you support teams other than the 3 above, you are always welcome (and you'll be fed for free on big match days).

If you are looking to join one of the supporters clubs there, ask Ken and he'll help you out (even if you support united)
    advertisement or what??? haha

• Registered Users Posts: 4,871 ✭✭✭Karmafaerie

advertisement or what??? haha

Somebody asked where the supporters club was.
    He answered giving a lot of usefull info.
    Problem?

You should brush up on your history mate as this has nothing to do with why Everton were perceived to be more Irish.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,483 ✭✭✭ManFromAtlantis

well thats it for HULL and LIVERPOOL, good showing early on but the truth about strength and TALENT in depth will be our downfall.

Somebody asked where the supporters club was.
    He answered giving a lot of usefull info.
    Problem?
    Well it's not really a liverpool supporters club if every other fan from other teams goes there. so it obviously looks like he's trying to get people to go into that pub. But it defeats the purpose of this thread. Every pub in Limerick city could be Perceived as a liverpool supporters club if that were the case. Basically it looks like an ad. It's ok if u don't understand... thats why you're a liverpool fan:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 150 ✭✭lfc1892

actually TheLoc, when the present owner took over the pub it was exclusively Liverpool but he was approached by the others and as a Sports bar he gave it the go ahead.

The previous owner was also a Koppite so it has a tradition stretching back a while.

It's one of my favourite pubs so I'm sorry if it sounded like an advert.

• Advertisement

actually TheLoc, when the present owner took over the pub it was exclusively Liverpool but he was approached by the others and as a Sports bar he gave it the go ahead.

The previous owner was also a Koppite so it has a tradition stretching back a while.

It's one of my favourite pubs so I'm sorry if it sounded like an advert.
    Na I don't mind. It just looked like one. Anyway as I was saying, It's still not a liverpool supporters club pub then. Maybe it was. I don't think it would be right for a pub in Ireland to be known as a pub that only lets in people that support a club in england. They don't even do that for hurlin or GAA.
    "Oh we hate Bill Shankly, and we hate St John
    But most of all, we hate Big Ron
    And we'll hang the kopites one by one
    On the banks of the Royal Blue Mersey

So to hell with Liverpool and Rangers too
    We'll drown them all in the Mersey
    And we'll fight, fight, fight with all our might
    For the lads in the Royal Blue Jerseys."

I don't know where you got that story about the pool being more Irish than everton but thats wrong. Check it out.

Advertisement